Do you think Taiwanese girls are immature?

Always fun watching guys trying to figure out what girls think.

Truthfully, no man knows.

Need a woman’s perspective.

You’d have to ask her. :slight_smile:

The thread title is confusing me. Surely girls by definition are not mature?

1 Like

Depends on class and age.

Some people think of Taiwanese women as strict, unromantic, robotic career women with poker faces that make dates seem like tough interviews with bank managers. They will grill you about your family and your career plans like there’s no tomorrow.

This type is definitely not immature!

I’d not go on a second date with that type

1 Like

never had a date like this. the benefits (or negatives) of being a laowai?

this doesn’t sound so mature.

2 Likes

I think after a certain age, like 30 or so, it’s reasonable for someone to cut to the chase with certain make-or-break questions. Like, are you religious? Are you financially stable? Do you want kids? What do your parents expect of me? How will we care for them in the future? Or whatever else is critically important. The things you’d rather not find out after you’ve already spent a significant amount of time dating.

2 Likes

Those who group all women of a certain nationality as immature really have no business calling anyone as such.

3 Likes

I in Taiwan also never had a date likes (being no local does help). It really depends on the person. Some girls like nice restaurants (when they choose) and look for person that can provide this, others are fine with paying themselves NT$60 coffee and just happy to talk or do other free romantic activities.

I was impressed by the young mature well-spoken women at an exhibition I went to recently. Granted they always put their best sales and marketing people in front for these things. Had a good conversation with one young lady but unfortunately heard her refer to me as adoga. That I didn’t like. But overall yes they were mature. Those ones anyway. I guess I haven’t added anything to this thread with this post

Its ok ADoga is not really offensive (it is to the hear ee, but not the speaker in most cases). ITs just like "oh look that’s a German Shepard.

I prefer Lao Mei myself. I used to get “TOK pee ah” which i didn’t really like.

I would yell back at them “Nai peeh ah” (flat nose). Seemed to work.

No it certainly is unprofessional and disappointing. I expect more from Taiwan. No excuses left anymore.

“That gentleman over there” is just as easy as “the adoga over there”

yes but to your average Taiwanese a white person is still somewhat of a novelty. LIke OH? YOU mean that YETI? YEah. the YETI>

When say 20pct of the population of Taiwan is white then maybe it will become less common this Adoga nonsense.

I think many Asian countries have a name for whiteys.

I repeat…no excuses left anymore

no excuse just fact

TWo taiwanese talking about white people in SF are still going to call them wai guo ren. Even though in this case they are the wai guo ren.

1 Like

That lady sees a hell of lot more foreigners than I do in a year that’s a fact!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Kavalan Whiskey

Dammit I hate to agree with you but yeah. Absolutely disgraceful that it is still commonly used. Likewise anytime “laowai” is dropped behind your back to refer to you in third person.

1 Like

You know, and we’re so nice and accommodating to people like that back in our home countries.

Why do we bother anymore?