Do you think Taiwanese girls are immature?

Original Title: I want to know~~~

Some of forumosans think Taiwanese girls are immature and in prepuberty. :astonished:
I think that is just different culture.
I want to know all of your opinions.

Oh this should be fun. Me, I’m on the fence.

1 Like

[quote=“douseeme”]Some of forumosans think Taiwanese girls are immature and in prrpuberty. :astonished:
I want to know all of your opinions.[/quote]
How about: Some forumosans think some Taiwanese girls are immature? And they’d be right. Some are. Some aren’t. Some are going through puberty. Some aren’t.
Different culture? Sure it is. It’s a cultural trait that tends to manifest as immaturity. In some girls. And in some boys.

trip trap

The culture of “cute” here can be too much at times. If that’s what people like here, then who are we to judge? But most of us foreigners can’t stand it.

1 Like

Dangerousapple. You might be generalising here. Just because your immediate circle has issues with cuteness doesn’t necessarily mean most foreigners don’t like it. Don’t forget there are a lot of Japanese foreigners here who probably quite dig the cute stuff.

[quote=“douseeme”]Some of forumosans think Taiwanese girls are immature and in prepuberty. :astonished:

To answer your question honestly, I would say yes. Its true.

I think my 18 year old sister is more mature than most 30 year old women in Taiwan.

There are perhaps a number of reasons for this. Perhaps the “cute” look is one of them… as is the walking with the toes pointed inwards… (like a kind of japanese shuffle which implies a certain helplessness…)

I think another reason is that many people in Taiwan don’t leave home until they are 30 or older and listen to everything their parents say rather than explore the world. (there is more to the world that your family house and XiMenDing)

Ultimately its independence that leads to maturity. You will change more as a person in a year of traveling than you will if you stay in Taiwan living with your parents for 5 years.

[quote=“Tyc00n”][quote=“douseeme”]Some of forumosans think Taiwanese girls are immature and in prepuberty. :astonished:

(there is more to the world that your family house and Ximending)

[/quote]

blasphemy!!! :fume:

well there is warner village and dongchu as well i guess…

No offence, but she probably looks it too. It’s a rough trade, but one some of us are willing to undertake.

HG

There’s nothing wrong with puberty and I won’t hear a word said against it. And what’s wrong with cute? At least here you don’t have to watch your princess turn into a frog. And cuteness only lasts until about 30, and then they all turn into raving nymphos. (Christ hurry up…) And you can still bear to look at them in their 40s. By which time you’re half dead anyway from the drink. Perfick.

I don’t mind cute girls, but thoes pointing invards and hello kitty stuff after turning 12 is silly.

There is a diference betwen cute and silly.

I was kidnaped one weekend to shoping and my so tryed out some clodes.

When she came uot from the dresing rom the two sisters screamed out han ka aiiiii.

I tild my honest opinion that it looked silly and not cute at all and my mother in law to be agree with me so it was not bought.

Sorry, good catch Edgar Allen. Let me rephrase…I personally can’t stand it!

[quote=“douseeme”]Some of forumosans think Taiwanese girls are immature and in prepuberty. :astonished:

Let’s look at how any relationship or societal ‘quirk’ can be justified with the ‘culture’ line using a couple of true stories as examples:

Girlfriend’s parents are xenophobic and think non-Chinese are all scum?
Oh, that’s not wrong. That’s just different culture.

Taiwanese parents guilt-trip their 30-year-old soon about finally moving out of the family home because of their selfish desire to have him on leash looking after them?

Taiwanese parents take half of their daughter’s NT$20,000/month salary because, yanno, she damn well owes them?

Girl drives the wrong way down a dangerous one-way street because she’s too lazy to spend an extra 15 seconds going the safe way around? And after I tell her off she waits until she thinks I can’t see then turns back around? (I only bring this up because it happened just now).

So, yanno, is it really just different culture or do some Forumosans actually have a point about some Taiwanese girls?

No offence, but she probably looks it too. It’s a rough trade, but one some of us are willing to undertake.

HG[/quote]

:roflmao: now that’s funny, personally I like the girls in Taiwan more. I think it all depends on what you are used to. I am not sure about the cuteness thing but I have met more well traveled girls with jobs and careers in Taipei than in LA so I am a bit more biased towards the girls here.

So sometimes they go nuts for Winnie the Pooh, I don’t see it as a big deal.

Can threads like this just be moved to the Culture & History forum. Seems to me that a lot of people just aren’t getting Taiwanese culture :loco:

Could it be that, in fact, Western girls are too mature? :ponder:

[quote=“Tyc00n”]
To answer your question honestly, I would say yes. Its true.

I think my 18 year old sister is more mature than most 30 year old women in Taiwan.

There are perhaps a number of reasons for this. Perhaps the “cute” look is one of them… as is the walking with the toes pointed inwards… (like a kind of Japanese shuffle which implies a certain helplessness…)

I think another reason is that many people in Taiwan don’t leave home until they are 30 or older and listen to everything their parents say rather than explore the world. (there is more to the world that your family house and Ximending)

Ultimately its independence that leads to maturity. You will change more as a person in a year of traveling than you will if you stay in Taiwan living with your parents for 5 years.[/quote]

Holy crap, Tyc00n! You’ve nailed my opinion on the head. I’ve always told people that I feel the taiwanese culture has progressed so slow socially because they only barely start making decisions once they’re married and move out. When I tell taiwanese people that I moved when I was 18 they think I was crazy and ask why. I tell them that as soon as I move out, I can start to develope into the person I want to be. I listen to my own music and surround myself in the opinions of friends that were taught things by their parents. So really we’re trading notes on life and learning at 5 times the speed. We’re learning about survival stuff and chosing interests from a much broader influence.

I feel maturity is experience. Knowing what you want because you’ve tried a bunch of stuff you don’t like already. I asked my girlfriend why she bought a toyota and she said her dad picked it and she paid. She wasn’t allowed to choose because Taiwanese have a habit of assuming that the older you are the more you know. And that’s exactly what will happen when people rarely try to show the old man a thing or two…

Paying 20,000nt per month to their parents isn’t so bad. It’s like a pyramid scam. They’ll get it all back when their parents pass away along with the house, no?

I like the little frills they have on their blouses though :sunglasses:

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]
Paying 20,000nt per month to their parents isn’t so bad. It’s like a pyramid scam. They’ll get it all back when their parents pass away along with the house, no?:[/quote]

Yeah, the daughters pay in, the sons are bums, and then when they pass away the sons all come back to collect.

Some scam.

1 Like

In a society where 12 year olds are getting pregnant and smoking dope, perhaps you have a point. Kids mature way too fast in the West.

Yeah the innocence here is actually a beautiful thing. The only problem I have is I like to huck my body off cliffs and get into trouble. Some of the Taiwanese girls I’ve dated can’t even swim or drive a standard/manual gearbox.

They just aren’t prepared for anything. Being over prepared, like knowing how to cook a crack rock, is another sad situation.