Do you www.?

Do you type www. in front of a domain name ?

• Yes, you mean you don’t need to…
  • No, that’s so 20th century!
  • Address bar, I only use my favourites or links

0 voters

I still type www. in front of every web site i visit, when typing an address into the address bar in my browser, I know I don’t need to for most sites but I guess it is habit.

Do you ?

i use opera and type just the name with no .com or .org and opera can find site… i guess same in firefox…

I either type www. and a peice of the name, or just a piece of the name (then I arrow down to the site I’m looking for.)

I almost never use bookmarks or anything like that.

I still type the ‘http://’ … just habit I guess.

Just when I had stopped typing www. I came across Taiwan companies (at my job) who need the www, otherwise they direct you to internal email portal or do not work at all :unamused:

www.domain.com and
domain.com is not nessecary the same website

[quote=“robi666”]www.domain.com and
domain.com is not nessecary the same website[/quote]

OK, to make it complete, the www. indicates the service. Like there could be ftp.domain.com as well. Or email.domain.com as their mail server.

So where domain.com leads to is up to the administrator, having it lead to www.domain.com is nice though.

BobBla

Anyone still catch themselves typing “google://” ? or perhaps for you old old timers “gopher://” :wink:

I just type the main part (eg “google”) and then hit ctrl-enter. :wink:

[quote=“miltownkid”]I either type www. and a peice of the name, or just a piece of the name (then I arrow down to the site I’m looking for.)

I almost never use bookmarks or anything like that.[/quote]

I actually do that a lot too thinking about it… especially for my exchange mailserver which starts exchange.xxx.com so it picks it as the only option pretty quickly.