Does AIT Accept NT for In-person US Passport Applications?

I was looking through the requirements for applying for a new passport at AIT and noticed they mentioned that fees should be paid with a USD money order. But then as I read on, I realized the directions were for application by mail. I have an appointment in a couple of days to apply for a new passport and don’t want to have a problem once I am at AIT cuz I don’t have a money order. Anybody know what the current requirements are regarding money orders vs. NT? Or could I just show up with USD?

You can use credit card.

Thanks, good to know that.

Yes they do, but you get charged a high exchange rate. I always exchange for US dollars at a local bank and bring it with me.

I paid TWD at AIT a few months ago, it was for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and my daughter’s first passport.

Also not sure if this will affect you but they were not printing passports at the time (it all happens in the States, shut down due to Corona, this was back in May).

We did get her passport last week but it took about twice as long as normal.

Thanks, for the reply. Glad to be aware of that.

Thanks for the info.

But what if the credit card is US based?

1 Like

I was talking about cash.
I have never used a credit card at AIT. I suppose it would work the same as any other point of sale.

If your card is a US card, you would need to make sure you can use it overseas.

1 Like