Does anybody here breakdance?

Or knows of a place where a B-Boy like myself can get down.

:smiley:

I bet if you brought a boom box down to Ximending and started break dancing, you could make a bit of cash until the cops come along and drag your scrawny ass away. :laughing:
Please post the showtime here.

[quote=ā€œAlienā€]I bet if you brought a boom box down to Ximending and started break dancing, you could make a bit of cash until the cops come along and drag your scrawny ass away. :laughing:
Please post the showtime here.[/quote]

I was seriously considering that. As soon as I get a boom box you might see me in the parks around Taipei. I figured I would blend right in with the opera singers and other people dancing.

Iā€™ll let you know if it comes to that.

Seen a group of breakdancers giving a performance at a shopping complex (Sogo I think) though it was a while ago and I wouldnā€™t know where to find them - perhaps ask some local friends ā€¦

Teenagers are often seen spinning on their heads etc. in the vicinity of the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. Any evening, go up on the terraces of the National Concert Hall and National Theatre and look around. They use the big glass doors as mirrors to check out their Michael Jackson walk etc.

I can stand on my head and wave my legs around - Does that count as breakdancing?

Hell yes.

i know for sure there are at least 2 bboy schools in taipei, and then probably a few more bboy crews. i think i have some info in a magazineā€¦gimme time to look for it. iā€™ll post back with more info later.

if you went to the show at Y17 last saturday, there were a few amateursā€¦nothing mindblowing. i saw an exhibition last xā€™mas morning at 4am by a bboy crew with a dj in the core pacific mall. that was some serious shit right there!

I donā€™t know why this didnā€™t come up last time I searched google, but check THISout.

I think this is what smurf was talking about.

Iā€™ll be B-Boy battling in no time. :smiley:

thereā€™s lots of studios like dancesoul,felizfufu

www.dancesoul.com.tw
www.felizfufu.com.tw

have fun