Does anyone actually use the "Hearts in Harmony" flag in Taiwan?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_ … _proposals

It sounds like the flag won a contest almost twenty years ago. Does any group, whether pro-Taiwanese independence or other, actually fly the flag during demonstrations, sporting events, parades, etc.? I’m curious about how popular that flag really is (I don’t think Wikipedia is really up-to-date here). I like the flag better than the World Taiwanese Congress one, because it’s more minimalist, seems more politically neutral, and it reminds me of Hong Kong’s flag. And it appeared on The West Wing! Does anyone have more information about it?

Edit: Wait a second, what is the main political viewpoint of HK’s flag? Is it considered to be a legitimate expression of self-determination by the HK people? Or is it a symbol of their subordination as an SAR?

I thought the flag would be nice to fly alongside the HK one in solidarity. But upon second thought, given that the HK and Macau SAR flags both feature flowers, maybe flying this flower-looking flag might not send the best message. (Plus there’s the how it looks like the chrysanthemum on the Japanese Imperial seal thing…)

I still like it better than the awful 908 Taiwan Republic Campaign flag and the World Taiwanese Congress flag, though. The former looks like a public sign slapped on an ugly website gradient, and the latter is okay but I don’t like having a map on a flag, makes it harder to draw as well.

I like this rendition better

no it isn’t used much, the reason I think is this:

most supporters of Taiwanese Independence nowadays do not like flags that resemble or attempt to be similar to the Japanese flag. It conflicts with the “independence” part of Taiwan Independence. For the older generation of TI advocates, they grew up as Japanese, and don’t mind that resemblance, or even wish to keep that connection. However, that kind of imagery is hard to get general acceptance. Although I have to say, the hearts of harmony flag is already different enough from the Japanese flag.

by the way, this post is in the same vein of
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … hilit=flag

and also visit the g+ group below, if you have flag designs you like to share
plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 6796567434

I just like how it looks like a flower, just like how Hong Kong and Macau’s flags also have flowers. But I’m not sure if the flags in those regions have any negative connotations… now I wonder if any of the HK protesters are actually flying that flag.

someone else on the internet pointed it out: flagsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1590

Has anyone noticed that this flower looks almost exactly the same as the flower on Japanese passport?

No one uses this flag anymore, do they?