Does anyone from the community live in Central Taiwan?

I’m closeted and I’ve been very depressed and lonely lately. My friends are all very… conservative and traditional so I can’t tell them anything.

Are there any social gatherings in Central Taiwan? Where you just hang out and have fun as friends?

All the stress from thinking about my thesis, my future, my family, finally got me good.

I swear I’m not trying to get into anyone’s pants. And we don’t even need to meet up if you don’t want to. I just need to talk to someone.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a rough time. Especially with this virus going on it’s made lots of people more stressed than usual, I can’t imagine also having the other pressures you mentioned on top of that. Without knowing more about your situation I can only give general recommendations for finding a social life in Taiwan.

For social gatherings the easiest thing to do is find a language exchange and talk with the people there (I’m assuming you speak English and Mandarin). There are also sports meetups, which are pretty chill in my experience, and of course bars. I don’t personally know of any particularly ‘accepting’ places or anywhere geared towards LGBTQ+ people but I bet you could find some open-minded young people (both foreign and Taiwanese) at any given trendy bar.
Good luck. You can get through this.

2 Likes