Does anyone want this cat?

This cat has recently started hanging around my doorway:

She is quite active and very affectionate, but she isn’t used to being indoors. I let her spend the night in my apartment, but it took her a while to settle down. Unfortunately, I’m allergic to cats, so I had to toss her back onto the street the next morning.

I live in Cin Shuei, Taichung County, and I’m willing to deliver her to any home within a 90 minute scooter ride.

Unlike poor Ditch Kitty, this one appears to be in good health. There are no visible signs of infection, she doesn’t cough nor wheeze, and she meows quite loudly. I would like her to find a home before she ends up sick like Ditch Kitty.

Remember poor Ditch Kitty?

Taichung Social Club, first, well done on trying to help this lovely little kitty. :bravo:

Is there any chance you could get her desexed and keep her in a cage outside your apartment (in a covered area) untill the stiches can come out. Then have her as an outside cat.

There are many people i know who successfully have out side cats here. Some of the cats really don’t like to be kept inside, they like the outside. If you could make a place for her outside your apartment where she can find shelter in the rain or the colder days and feed her, i’m sure she’d be very happy indeed.

At least maybe you could do this until you find a good home for her.

Well done. She is a very smart kitty to come to your door. She obviously knows you are a very kind person.

Good luck!

There are two problems in getting the cat to a vet: I don’t know of any English-speaking vets in Taichung County, and I’m flat broke after paying for the spleenectomy the beagle I left in Canada is undergoing next week.

As for the cat living outside my door, no way Jose! My door opens onto a lane, and even through there is a dumpster at the end of the lane, not more than 50’ away, all the Taiwanese just toss their garbage (often not even in a bag) into the lane. It’s a festering shit hole.

She’s living in my bathroom at the moment. Not luxury accommodation, but at least there’s no risk of her getting knocked up.

She might already be knocked up.
Hope you find a home for her quickly. :slight_smile:

Who needs an English-speaking vet? Just take the cat to a vet, point at it and make “snip snip” actions with your fingers. In Taibei you can apply for a 50% subsidy for getting a cat or dog neutered or spayed - Taizhong may have a similar programme.

Who needs an English-speaking vet? Just take the cat to a vet, point at it and make “snip snip” actions with your fingers. In Taibei you can apply for a 50% subsidy for getting a cat or dog neutered or spayed - Taizhong may have a similar programme.[/quote]

See problem #2