Does China Track Foreigners Social Media?

Oh, the desire to control all things dwells deep in the human heart…

Oh yeah that’s part of it but thats only partially cuz they’re fucking tracking every single person in the world because they have the capability and the capacity and the technology and the personnel and…

China and USA are tracking everyone.

Really funny when people say I don’t use this app or I don’t do this with my phone because it doesn’t matter

Topic: Chinese scholars increasingly “blacklisting” scholars who identify their affiliation as Taiwan.

Apologies for hijacking the thread. I don’t like creating new topics. Furthermore, this may be relevant: whether or not my social media is/will be tracked by China

Story 1: Published last year with colleagues working in China (Taiwanese natives). Published in a Chinese “international” (English) journal using secondary data from Taiwan and China. I was corresponding author, affiliation as my uni, “Taiwan.”

Same journal, this July. We had another paper accepted. I was first author and the paper was in the final stages of proofreading. Editor suddenly said I cannot be listed as an author – at all. New regulations from the government (rather vague).

Story 2: Recently published in an international journal (SSCI and SCI indexed). First author was Chinese (different colleague), me as second and corresponding author, two other Taiwanese coauthors who are working in China.

We all got an email from an anonymous prof at the same university as the first author, forwarded to the personnel department of that Chinese uni. The email, in Simplified Chinese, of course, included the following (translated).

• Should we reward scholars who support the division of our country? (email title)
  • I found that on the front page of the paper was TAIWAN, which strongly supports the splitting of the country.
  • As the first author of the article, he blatantly listed Taiwan and China side by side as countries.
  • Taiwan will always be an inseparable part of China! It was out of indignation!

The Party should reward her for turning in such a traitor, ha!! Little did she know/care, the journal had a drop-down menu and Taiwan was the best option.

So, will I end up on a blacklist? Be forced to agree to the One China policy if I visit Hong Kong? (Thankfully, my two presentations next year in HK are both virtual😒).

2 Likes

China tells you that you are being tracked, or it is implied. They don’t embellish it or anything. In fact they do tell you that if you start saying stuff online they will find you and do something about it.

The USA tells you that you have the right to privacy but they still spy on you. And the guy who exposed the fact got persecuted. USA is no different than USSR. Stalin would be proud. Even though they may tell you that legally they couldn’t do anything to you, they’ll do stuff to you and leave it up to their DA or AUSA to find the reason.

If you thought China was bad wait til you see what the USA can do to you if you are on their radar. They arrest you whatever country you may be in and extradite you. If they can’t do it they will send Federal agents and kidnap you. I’ve seen it happen. To them laws are just an inconvenience.

Russia just kills you, wherever you are.

1 Like

Of course it matters, you don’t make it so easy for them. They have a software they install on your phone aswell and it downloads everything , better not to bring your phone if afraid of being pulled over.

In the USA they lock you up in ADX Florence and you will wish they just killed you.

I remember posting a link. They go for people’s families, use them as leverage, kidnap them. Do as we say or else.

In US, UK, Europe, Australia. Australia they censor and attack locals as they please.

4 Likes

Come on people catch up.

China huge its structure trying to identify every person in the world by ID and facial recognition it doesn’t matter if used an app or not

they can find a picture of you, connect that with an ID or a passport or social media connections and they do it.

And then other data they’ve stolen from official sources or banks or the government or on the dark web.

It’s simple especially if have huge computers and databases to manage

Artificial intelligence does it all for you anyway.

1 Like

A new immigrant from mainland China is now training to be an RCMP in metrovan in vansun news. Hell will break loose in BC!

Snowden?

If i was in Vancouver, I’d go up to him and scream Taiwan is Independent!

1 Like

Had to look that up. They should just call it Arkham.

1 Like

I think a reporter call it “a cleaner version of hell”.

I think I’ll pass and now I’ll never pick up hitchhikers in Colorado…ever.

1 Like

Would make a good movie though.
Breakout from ADX.
All the baddies are assembled there already .
I have an air plane ready and waiting in Las Vegas.

Maybe they can walk…

1 Like

Giving me more ideas for the plot already .
El chapo boys are revving up the 737 engines already.

Not just a citizen. Anyone who is of Chinese decent is conserved a target.

This one is a shocker when I show it to students.

Imagine if the information was used for nefarious reasons.

2 Likes