Does labor insurance pay out if you die?

So if you become sick and can’t work labor insurance pays out for a number of months, but what if you die, does it pay out to your family members for a few months too?

You planning to fake your death?

Don’t need to fake it. We are all on our way out, just a matter of time

1 Like

Sometimes your words really fit your Sad Homer avatar.

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=taiwan+labor+insurance+death+benefits

That’s what I saw when I looked, but that seems to be if an employed person’s family member dies. I’m looking for info on if the employed person themself dies. Like, if the family of the employed person gets any kind of labor insurance pay out.

https://www.bli.gov.tw/en/0011978.html

look under survivor benefits, death of the insured person

1 Like

So my surviving family could get 10 months funeral grant upon my death whilst being covered. I’m covered the maximum of $45,800 so that would be a nice $458,000 payout.

I wonder if that is paid out only if you show the receipt of funeral expenses, or it’s just a lump sum that you can do whatever you want with.

@meishijia 's wife, please log out of his account, we know what your planning. :wink:

6 Likes

The labor insurance is a small amount compared to what she’d get from my actual insurance plan. I made sure that I am covered to at least $7 million TWD so that she could at least buy a house or something in Taoyuan, or other cheap area. I guess she could also put that money in a high paying dividend fund that pays out monthly, like QYLD and get a nice monthly salary from it. I also have group insurance through my company, but I’m still trying to figure out how much it would actually pay out upon my death

3 Likes

How much do you pay monthly for that?

So I have:

• 醫療 (medical) pays varying amounts
  • 身故 (death) pays 5 mill
  • 意外 (accident) pays 2 mill

Upon my death my wife will get the death payout, or the death + accident payout, it depends how I die. Also, if I die in an unusual way there is more. Apparently the best way to die is on public transport. The book they give you has all the details.

And also, after paying for 20 years, the medical one becomes free for life. Don’t think the death and accident do tho, not sure. I’m gonna ask next time I speak to my insurance friend.

I pay roughly 25k a year. But I’m young

1 Like

If you want to get some insurance I can introduce you to my friend, she speaks fluent English, and her husband is also a foreigner.

Which kinds of insurance does your friend deal with?

Medical, accident, death. She’s with Fubon

I think I have the same one :grin:

1 Like

The following documents shall be submitted when applying for funeral grant:

• Receipts or evidencing documents for funeral expenses.However, if the person who paid the funeral expenses is also the first in line to receive a survivor pension or benefits, an affidavit may be used as a substitute.
1 Like