Does my Bachelor's Degree have to be in a relevant field to find a non-teaching job?

In the past, I have taught at one of the big chain buxibans in Taipei. I left Taiwan to teach in Korea. During this time in Korea, I have been preparing for examinations to try to break into the IT industry.
I know for teaching English, there are certain requirements for obtaining a job. However, I am curious to know are there any government requirements for jobs outside of English? Can my BA be accepted by the government (assuming the company has already accepted it) for a job that is unrelated?

Thanks so much!

Degrees are for HR people who sort through applications.

If you can get an interview that does not really matter.
What matters are your skills and experience.
Some companies will ask you to prove it.

There are plenty of people with IT degrees who don’t know how to code properly. :grin:

Blockquote
Degrees are for HR people who sort through applications.
If you can get an interview that does not really matter.
What matters are your skills and experience.
Some companies will ask you to prove it.

But for the visa application, they ask degree and 2 years of experience? I’m wondering the same because my degree is unrelated and the experience is a grey area to proof.

I’ve heard that they abolished the 2 years experience requirement to fight the current brain drain issue. Hopefully it’s still in effect.

that’s good news, I’m starting next week to apply for jobs and trying to avoid the marry drama.

There is no legal requirement that the degree has to be in a related field, but you might find it hard to make the transition without the relevant educational background and experience. I can say from experience that it’s doable though. I was an English teacher with an academic background in linguistics, but I wanted to transition into the IT field, so I got a job as a technical writer for an international tech company in Taiwan, then I used that experience to transition into the “proper” IT career I’m in now.