Does Sibel Edmonds = Hope for America?

Sibel Edmonds is the most visibly gagged Top Secret operative who learned of and can testify about evidence that links 9/11 and other heinous crimes to some neocons of the top echelons of American government.[quote]Sibel Edmonds’ case is about the intersection of illegal arms trafficking, heroin trafficking, money laundering, terrorist activities and the corruption of many “highly-recognizable, highly-known names” in and around the US government. Sibel says that the people involved will go straight to prison if we can get hearings into her case. Richard Perle, in prison. Douglas Feith, in prison. Dennis Hastert, in prison. Marc Grossman, in prison.[/quote][quote]If what Sibel says is true, and her claims are all backed by documents and wiretaps, and also backed up by other agents who have filed similar complaints, and are ready and willing to testify. All of these people should be in jail. For a long, long time.[/quote]
What the heck is Sibel Edmonds’ Case about? And why should I care?

Sibel Edmonds Needs Your Support: Urge Congressman Waxman to prompt hearings on the case of FBI Whistleblower[quote]Sibel Edmonds:Our top priority: to get public hearings on NS whistleblower cases. For this, we need public support; public pressure on certain target congressional offices. Before anything can be done, the public needs to know the truth. In order to achieve this, we need public hearings where whistleblowers can testify under oath, present witnesses and documents… More than 30 organizations have signed on and are sponsoring a new petition.[/quote]
What If the FBI Hired Someone Honest to Look into 9-11?
It did. Her name was Sibel Edmonds. This is her story, as she told it to me. Edmonds discusses what she knows, whom it implicates, and what she’s been through and what hope there is in the new Congress to start an investigation.”

[quote]The most important thing is there are individuals who are engaged in acts of treason, okay. People from the State Dept, people from the Pentagon - some of these individuals are already under some quasi-investigations. I mean, we hear things about Douglas Feith, we are hearing things about Richard Perle, but trust me, they are not putting everything that there is out there. Because when you are looking at organizations like the American Turkish Council here, and you see the sister organization is AIPAC. AIPAC helped form the American Turkish Council - look at the board members, look at the people. You will see the same people involved in both fronts, because it is the same operation. And you come across the same individuals over and over again. You know, I don’t understand how the case only ended up stopping with Larry Franklin - and I still can’t believe that the evidence that they had from the parallel investigation didn’t get its way into the court. You need to look at individuals like Richard Perle, Douglas Feith, Marc Grossman, Dennis Hastert, and others. And documented evidence they have collected on these people. What are they doing with this information?[/quote]http://www.justacitizen.org : Website of Sibel Edmonds, former FBI translator – now 9/11 Whistleblower – in her pursuit against the government’s profound misuse of “state secrets privelege” to protect lies, liars, and extemely evil conspiracies. More at Action Campaign Page and http://www.whistleblowers.org/.

The question I pose is this,
“If Sibel and other whistleblowers are finally protected to tell the truth about crimes and conspiracies, will America have a better future?”

=================================================
“Only a military aircraft, not a civilian plane flown by al Qaeda, would have given off the “Friendly” signal needed to disable the Pentagon’s anti-aircraft missile batteries as it approached the building. Only the US military, not al Qaeda, had the ability to break all of its Standard Operating Procedures to paralyze its own emergency response system.”
Barbara Honegger, MS, Senior Military Affairs Journalist at the Naval Postgraduate School, the U.S. Navy’s advanced science, technology and national security affairs university (1995 - present). White House Policy Analyst and Special Assistant to the Assistant to President Ronald Reagan (1981 - 1983).

“Military men are just dumb, stupid, animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”
Henry Kissinger, quoted in Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW’s in Vietnam.

“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”
President Bush, May 24, 2005 in Rochester, NY

Why was a proven liar and wanted man appointed by the White House to be in charge of the 9/11 investigation?
Henry Kissinger

C’mon, we all know there’s no hope for amerika…

[quote=“Sibel Edmonds’ Action Campaign Page”]In January 2005 the DOJ-IG released an unclassified summary report on Edmonds’ case which concluded that Edmonds was fired for reporting serious security breaches and misconduct in the agency’s translation program, and that many of her allegations were supported by other witnesses and documents.

The issues that were reported by Ms. Edmonds include:

[b]* Cases of espionage activities within the FBI, DOD, and the Department of State

• Cases of cover-up of information and leads pre and post 9/11, under the excuse of protecting certain diplomatic relations

• Cases of intentional blocking and mistranslation of crucial intelligence by FBI translators and management

• Cases of foreign entities bribing certain government officials and elected representatives[/b]

Edmonds filed a whistleblower lawsuit against the Department of Justice, but the government successfully argued that the state secrets privilege was an absolute bar to her suit going forward. She was even barred from the courtroom during the argument of her appeal! The Supreme Court declined to review the case. The government’s invocation of the state secrets privilege in a motion to dismiss her case contradicts the core idea of judicial review and essentially allows the Executive Branch to dictate to the federal courts what cases they can and can’t hear.

Invoking the State Secrets Privilege is a tactic frequently used by the Executive Branch to stop potentially embarrassing lawsuits against the government. Many of these suits are brought by government employees, such as Ms. Edmonds, who allege fraud, mismanagement, or other unlawful conduct, and the state secrets privilege has successfully been invoked by the government to silence them. The state secrets provision has been used too frequently and with too little public protection.

Given the seriousness of Ms. Edmonds’ reports and in the best interests of the security of the country, it is incumbent upon the Congress to exercise its oversight responsibilities and authority as representatives of the people of the United States…[/quote]I have to wonder if other Americans here on Forumosa fathom how important this could be to turn the tide of deceipt and greed on the Hill if we can get an honest Congress to let Ms. Edmonds speak freely. While our non-American friends are patiently waiting to see some inhouse clean-up, we have to care about it first.

Their politically sensitive letter dated July 9, 2004 still applies today, regardless of Ashcroft’s absence.[quote=“U.S. Senators Patrick Leahy & Charles Grassley to Attorney General John Ashcroft”]“While the needs of national security must be weighed seriously, we fear that the designation of information as classified in some cases serves to protect the executive branch against embarrassing revelations and full accountability. We hope that is not the case here. Releasing declassified versions of these reports, or at least portions or summaries, would serve the public’s interest, increase transparency, promote effectiveness and efficiency at the FBI, and facilitate Congressional oversight.”

• U.S. Senators Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Charles Grassley (R-IA) in a Letter to Attorney General John Ashcroft
    (PDF, Google HTML)[/quote]

But do we really fathom how Ms Edmonds’ testimony would tighten the noose around so many of America’s leaders? This is not only about exposing lies and greed, but weeding out some of the most wickedly corrupt politicians today.

After reading how our local neocon cheerleader justifies the illegal war against Afghanistan under a banner of ‘liberating Muslim women’ (in another thread), I just have to wonder, “When will cleaning up America’s government become a critically important issue to Americans?”

Thoughts anyone?

Update on Waxman’s Hearings into Sibel Edmonds’ Case…

Waxman is apparently planning to sell out Sibel Edmonds, unless we force his hand.

Notes: Original Post; Henry Waxman chairs the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee

[quote=“Former CIA officer Phil Giraldi (in the upcoming April 23, 2007 print edition of the American Conservative, about Sibel Edmonds)”]…FBI whistle blower Sibel Edmonds and her numerous supporters both inside and outside of government have been urging Waxman to hold open hearings on her claims regarding malfeasance and corruption among high-level government officials.

Edmonds… has recently elaborated on her allegations, stating that investigations already carried out by the FBI would demonstrate that three former senior officials were involved in illegal weapons sales and other activities that would justify charges of espionage and possibly even treason against them. The three are leading Pentagon neoconservatives Douglas Feith and Richard Perle, as well as former State Department number three Marc Grossman. Edmonds is no crackpot and is considered to be a credible witness, most of whose charges were substantiated both by former FBI officials in 2002 and by the Department of Justice in 2005. Waxman appears to be uninterested in pursuing the matter, however, possibly because Israeli officials and the country’s defense industry are believed to have been involved in the weapons diversion activity.

Congressman Waxman is regarded as close to Israel’s principal lobby, AIPAC, and even promised Jewish voters back in November 2006 that there would be no Democratic congressional committee chairmen involved with Middle Eastern policy who were not completely supportive of Israel.[/quote][quote]Oh - and for those of you who are saying ‘Huh? AIPAC? Israel? I thought Sibel’s case was about Turkey and the American Turkish Council (ATC)!’ Sibel says that both AIPAC and the ATC both essentially operate as fronts for the same criminal organization. Or as Giraldi put it in his earlier article about Sibel’s case:[quote]On one level, (Sibel’s) story appears straightforward: several Turkish lobbying groups allegedly bribed congressmen to support policies favourable to Ankara. But beyond that, the Edmonds revelations become more serpentine and appear to involve AIPAC, Israel and a number of leading neoconservatives who have profited from the Turkish connection.[/quote][/quote]

KILL THE MESSENGER - UNE FEMME A ABATTRE

French documentary about Sibel… already aired in Australia in March '07 on SBS and is still gaining in popularity.

Watch the trailer at: justacitizen.com

[quote=“Sibel Edmonds says (not”]“They (FBI) would do ANYTHING to ensure that this information did not become public.”

“My focus has been exposing the criminal activities where money laundering, narcotic activities and nuclear black-market converge with terrorist activities.”[/quote]

[quote]“This documentary reveals how a foreign spy ring with links to Al-Qaeda has been discovered working within the FBI. Sibel Edmonds began work at the FBI translating wire taps in an investigation into a foreign spy ring operating in the US. She became suspicious of her colleagues after discovering some mistranslations and was then invited to join the spy ring which had evidently infiltrated the FBI itself. She went straight to her bosses and rather than being hailed as a hero she was promptly sacked. After going public on 60 Minutes she has been officially gagged.”
– “Kill_the_Messenger_-_Al-Qaeda_and_the_FBI” on http://thepiratebay.org[/quote]

[quote=“Mathieu Verboud (Co-director) said (not”]"The lesson that we draw from Sibel Edmonds’ story is that Washington power is for sale, and has been for sale for a long time. The people in positions of power in this country really sell their influence, to the highest bidder.

In this respect, it’s no surprise that foreign agents were able to sneak into this country and do the dirty operations that they did. These people are living proof to the notion of conflict of interest - because these people work for governments, but they are also highly connected to the military-industrial-conflict, they draft, and implement, national security policies, and at the same time they work for foreign governments, as agents of influence for foreign governments.[/quote]

And from an interview with the Directors:[quote=“Mathieu Verboud said (not”]"Sibel’s case is huge, huge… that’s why there are some elements that we have, that you probably have as well, that we aren’t able to include in the film for various reasons: what happened in Chicago for instance or the role of Mark Grossman.

First reason is people here in France, first of all know almost NOTHING about the US intelligence community, absolutely nothing about Sibel Edmonds, or about her case, nothing about what the gag order is, or what a whistle-blower is and know little about Neocons dealing with the Middle East - so for the French viewer, it’s an entirely new lesson

We have a sequence for example at the American Turkish Council annual conference and you can clearly understand the kind of business that takes place in this venue - and in this respect the film is interesting but in terms of telling EVERYTHING about the secrets. So we only mention two names of Neocons apparently connected to the case: Douglas Feith and Richard Perle."[/quote]
Neocons Richard Perle and Doug Feith are the ‘stars’ of Kill The Messenger.

The question remains…

Does Sibel Edmonds = Hope for America?

_

18th of March until now, and only you are posting about it. I’d say it’s a question no-one is remotely interested in.

Thanks for that date clarification. Actually when it aired first in OZ is immaterial to the content and importance of the story.

sandman, you are so right in that too few people understand the importance of the FBI claiming they had problems preventing the 9/11 attacks, then hired a competent translator, and had to fire then gag her when she found out too much. Some new news for consideration is that the documentary’s TORRENT is now out (699mb-AVI).

I’m not saying any such thing. I’m saying that as you repeatedly post this stuff and nobody responds apart from the Noel Edmonds picture with his sheep, nobody here gives a shit one way or the other. You’re talking to yourself.
I mean, the Internet is great for folk like you, as it means you no longer have to stand on a street corner with a sandwich board across your shoulders to get your message across, but talking to yourself like this is just as kooky, really.
Wouldn’t it be better to find some kind of bulletin board where someone pays attention to you and where at least SOMEbody cares enough to address your questions?

So you didn’t specifically say that exposing corruption is nonsense. But are you saying America is better off by keeping the truth of corruption hidden?

I guess I have to respect that you may wish to keep your eyes shut to important matters that effect American and International politics. As far as referring to this thread likening a poor kooky evangelist, all the power to you.

sandman, do you have any recollection of the weight of the Pentagon Papers? In hindsight, even the government tool arguing state secret privileges came to terms with his own soul…many years later. [quote]Some 28 years after these arguments, (US Government Solicitor General Erwin) Griswold recanted his entire position in an op-ed published in the Washington Post (“Secrets Not Worth Keeping: The Courts and Classified Information,” 15 February 1989, p. A25): “I have never seen any trace of a threat to the national security from the publication. Indeed, I have never seen it even suggested that there was such an actual threat…. It quickly becomes apparent to any person who has consideration experience with classified material that there is massive overclassification and that the principal concern of the classifiers is not with national security, but rather with governmental embarrassment of one sort or another. There may be some basis for short-term classification while plans are being made, or negotiations are going on, but apart from details of weapons systems, there is very rarely any real risk to current national security from the publication of facts relating to transactions in the past, even the fairly recent past. This is the lesson of the Pentagon Papers experience, and it may be relevant now.”
Source[/quote]

In regards to Sibel Edmonds’ case, the implications are far greater than just embarrassment (i.e. corruption (Abramoff++), prostitution (Tobias), pedophilia (Foley), cocaine addiction (Bush Jr), etc.).

Every day there are more people spreading the word about Sibel. While I’m the primary person sharing material here on formumosa.com about her case, it has no bearing on the relevance and significance, but rather highlights the importance of sharing.

Whether or not your attack inspires others to join with comments, the information about her case and the gag order will continue being spread by and to Americans who care about the health of our country.

Because you and maybe some others who don’t feel cozy want to discourage me from posting, the very seriousness of Sibel’s case against corrupt officials in the American government is and will always be important. Sibel agrees. If you put your good self in her position, would you join the club of corruption or agree that her case should be tried? We know Neocon GOPers HAVE to disagree, despite their propensity to endure vile scandal after scandal.

I don’t want to discourage you from posting at all. Just pointing out that maybe a more interesting subject would garner more interest. It’s just a bit weird seeing someone posting again and again about a subject that is obviously of little or no interest to the people reading. Comes across as a bit kooky, you know?
Fact is, with the exception of one or two of the more vociferous pro-Bush posters here, pretty much everyone else agrees that the Bush admin is hopelessly corrupt. All you’re doing is shouting “See? SEE?” to a bunch of people who basically agree with you.

Thanks, and I don’t really intend to offend. Although you might find my reply to your ‘kook’ remark a bit abrasive.

Actually, Sibel represents a clear-cut case for the outing of and prosecution of not just one or two, but a whole garrison of corrupt politicians that have been leveraging power for greed. So when I started this thread it wasn’t because I wanted to throw some nonsense online, but rather cater to the powers of intellect and concerns for truth.

Peace.

[quote]

Found in Translation

FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds spills her secrets.
by Philip Giraldi
January 28, 2008 Issue

Most Americans have never heard of Sibel Edmonds, and if the U.S. government has its way, they never will. The former FBI translator turned whistleblower tells a chilling story of corruption at Washington’s highest levels–sale of nuclear secrets, shielding of terrorist suspects, illegal arms transfers, narcotics trafficking, money laundering, espionage. She may be a first-rate fabulist, but Edmonds’s account is full of dates, places, and names. And if she is to be believed, a treasonous plot to embed moles in American military and nuclear installations and pass sensitive intelligence to Israeli, Pakistani, and Turkish sources was facilitated by figures in the upper echelons of the State and Defense Departments. Her charges could be easily confirmed or dismissed if classified government documents were made available to investigators.

But Congress has refused to act, and the Justice Department has shrouded Edmonds’s case in the state-secrets privilege, a rarely used measure so sweeping that it precludes even a closed hearing attended only by officials with top-secret security clearances. According to the Department of Justice, such an investigation “could reasonably be expected to cause serious damage to the foreign policy and national security of the United States.”

After five years of thwarted legal challenges and fruitless attempts to launch a congressional investigation, Sibel Edmonds is telling her story, though her defiance could land her in jail.
[/quote][color=darkred]EDIT:[/color] Full article at:
amconmag.com/2008/2008_01_28/article1.html

[quote]

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 137695.ece

From The Sunday Times
January 6, 2008

For sale: West’s deadly nuclear secrets

Edmonds described how foreign intelligence agents had enlisted the support of US officials to acquire a network of moles in sensitive military and nuclear institutions.

Among the hours of covert tape recordings, she says she heard evidence that one well-known senior official in the US State Department was being paid by Turkish agents in Washington who were selling the information on to black market buyers, including Pakistan.

“If you made public all the information that the FBI have on this case, you will see very high-level people going through criminal trials,” she said.

Her story shows just how much the West was infiltrated by foreign states seeking nuclear secrets. It illustrates how western government officials turned a blind eye to, or were even helping, countries such as Pakistan acquire bomb technology.[/quote]

When does a US Government conspiracy theory become worthy of outcry?
As of yet, actual conspiracies of corruption, murder, anti-American government officials appears NOT TO BE.

[quote]“I’d say what she has is far more explosive than the Pentagon Papers,” Daniel Ellsberg told us in regard to former FBI translator turned whistleblower Sibel Edmonds.

bradblog.com/?p=5260

Daniel Elsberg, Pentagon Papers’ Whisteblower - on Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Elsberg[/quote]

Watch then share her story.
thepiratebay.org/tor/3816260/

Her case CAN lead towards outing some of the most henious government corruption in America. Of course those financially and/or politically tied to the corruption don’t dare even bring up the subject! Ah-hem, how embarrassing to watch other representatives of American interests passively (or cowardly?) avoid discussing this case.

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY.
UNLESS THE PAY IS BETTER NOT TO?

[quote][i]On p. 172 of the final [9/11 Commission] report, after discussing money laundering issues, the commission concluded, “To date, the U.S. government has not been able to determine the origin of the money used for the 9/11 attacks. Ultimately, the question is of little practical significance.”

One of those reportedly involved in making the transfers [General Mahmoud Ahmed] left his position as Director of the Pakistani intelligence service soon after September 11. This person happened to be visiting Washington the week before 9/11, and was having breakfast with leaders of the Senate and House Intelligence Committees on the very morning of 9/11 – leaders of the subsequent Congressional Joint Inquiry into the events of September 11.

A complete discussion of what we know about these transfers, whether these transfers were or were not made, and if they were, who arranged them and how, would seem to be a critical element of any full and complete investigation. Yet, amazingly, and yet, perhaps not so amazingly, they went unmentioned in the 9/11 commission’s final report.[/i]
William Bergman, MA, MBA, Former Economist and Senior Analyst, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago 1990 - 2004. In 2003 - 2004, he was assigned to investigate terrorism-related money laundering.[/quote]

Holy Boomerang!
Hasn’t it been assuredly established?: That beyond a shadow of a doubt that most reasonable folks couldn’t give a rat’s ass about some supposed axe-grinding intellectual who worked as translator for the FBI for all of 6 months.
:snore:

Reminds me of how President Nixon’s White House Chief of Staff interpreted the Watergate scandal that broke after the Pentagon Papers were leaked in '71:[quote=“H. R. Haldeman, Nixon’s Chief of Staff said, not”]To the ordinary guy, all this (the Watergate scandal) is a bunch of gobbledygook. But out of the gobbledygook comes a very clear thing: you can’t trust the government; you can’t believe what they say; and you can’t rely on their judgment. And the implicit infallibility of presidents, which has been an accepted thing in America, is badly hurt by this, because it shows that people do things the President wants to do even though it’s wrong, and the President can be wrong.[/quote]
TheGingerMan’s rat’s ass and Haldeman’s gobbledygook speak volumes about spheeple psyche. The same whistleblower with chutzpah to stand up against the war crimes of Nixon-Kissinger corruption, makes clear that his Pentagon Papers pale in comparison and significance to what Sibel knows and is not allowed to testify about.

TheGingerMan, do you fantasize a sense of valor by appreciating corruption? Probably not, right? Actually some people have no choice to support corruption by selective ignorance due to career or party entrapment. So they can only offer their rat’s ass instead of a portion of admirable integrity. So if that’s you, I know first hand what it’s like, so I can offer you a little pity.

I know I’m not the only American on Taiwan who desires justice and accountability within the U.S. Government. Sorry you appear to desire the opposite, so I leave you with the same comment sandman received:[quote]I guess I have to respect that you may wish to keep your eyes shut to important matters that effect American and International politics.[/quote]

j. scholl -]
The pre-prison babblings of H.R. Haldeman may not be the wisest choice of support for your campaign here.
Having been around, at the tender age of 21, in 1971, I can tell you that the statement "…the implicit infallibility of presidents…", had it been said, would have garnered howls of derisive laughter and heaping helpings of scorn.

So, aside from your colorful prose denouncing TGM, how do you actually answer his query re:"who worked as translator for the FBI for all of 6 months. "?
Is this a truthful representation of her employment status with the FBI?

Reminds me of how President Nixon’s White House Chief of Staff interpreted the Watergate scandal that broke after the Pentagon Papers were leaked in '71:[quote=“H. R. Haldeman, Nixon’s Chief of Staff said, not”]To the ordinary guy, all this (the Watergate scandal) is a bunch of gobbledygook. But out of the gobbledygook comes a very clear thing: you can’t trust the government; you can’t believe what they say; and you can’t rely on their judgment. And the implicit infallibility of presidents, which has been an accepted thing in America, is badly hurt by this, because it shows that people do things the President wants to do even though it’s wrong, and the President can be wrong.[/quote]
TheGingerMan’s rat’s ass and Haldeman’s gobbledygook speak volumes about spheeple psyche. The same whistleblower with chutzpah to stand up against the war crimes of Nixon-Kissinger corruption, makes clear that his Pentagon Papers pale in comparison and significance to what Sibel knows and is not allowed to testify about.

TheGingerMan, do you fantasize a sense of valor by appreciating corruption? Probably not, right? Actually some people have no choice to support corruption by selective ignorance due to career or party entrapment. So they can only offer their rat’s ass instead of a portion of admirable integrity. So if that’s you, I know first hand what it’s like, so I can offer you a little pity.

I know I’m not the only American on Taiwan who desires justice and accountability within the U.S. Government. Sorry you appear to desire the opposite, so I leave you with the same comment sandman received:[quote]I guess I have to respect that you may wish to keep your eyes shut to important matters that effect American and International politics.[/quote][/quote]

You silly pompous ass.
Your appreciation of history is about as dim as your grasp of the essentials of politics. Obviously you can spout your gibberish to your own fiendish pews, yet still the Hammer of Truth shall reign true to any of us with an open mind. Compare me to Haldeman again, and I’ll rip your lungs out, you scurvy, limp-wristed pillock! Metaphoricaly speaking, of course!
:smiling_imp:
You can take your incredelous pity and stuff it up your inane, asinine asswad that you call a brain.
Get a grip & learn some essential dialectics. Basic sense will dictate that you & yours have not even a ruddy raft to river on.
Give up the ghost, you poxy knob!

Actually, it was 6 months and 2 daze!
Get over it!
She must have learnt a whole lot by then, enough to fill the vacuous voids of pretentious make-believers!
You silly sap!
:grandpa:

I think she might be the saviour of the Amerikan Fonetics Moovmint.

Can’t she spell Cybil?

Twilight of the Psychopaths

Somehow…this just feels right for this thread… :cluck:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]The pre-prison babblings of H.R. Haldeman may not be the wisest choice of support for your campaign here.[/quote]You think I’m eliciting support for the need of an open and honest government by citing any of Nixon’s henchmen? On the contrary… Haldeman represents the rat’s ass that belittles the importance of uncovering and correcting illegal government activities. And if sharing Sibel’s case of injustice and unaccountability within the U.S. Gov. proves to be a campaign, so be it. Campaigning against it provides you and yours something more worthwhile apparently, and I’m interested to read how and why.
color=darkblue[/color]

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]how do you actually answer his query re:"who worked as translator for the FBI for all of 6 months. "?[/quote]You call it a query? Why? Apparently less than 6 months following 9/11 is all it took for a top-secret intel analyst to confront her superiors with evidence of corruption.

And reading beyond her hire and fire dates, what happened when she did the right thing by sounding the silent alarms? She was abruptly fired. Here’s an ACLU overview that might help (mind you they’re providing legal representation):[quote]Edmonds has been fighting the corruption permeating the FBI since her unfair dismissal and sued to contest her firing in July 2002. On July 6, 2004 , Judge Reggie Walton in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia dismissed Edmonds’ case, citing the government’s state secrets privilege.

Even though she followed all appropriate procedures for reporting her concerns up the chain of command, Edmonds was retaliated against and fired. After her termination, many of Edmonds’ allegations were confirmed by the FBI in unclassified briefings to Congress. More than two years later, in May 2004, the Justice Department retroactively classified Edmonds’ briefings, as well as the FBI briefings, and forced Members of Congress who had the information posted on their Web sites to remove the documents.

On January 14, 2004 , the Justice Department’s Office unclassified summary of the Justice Department’s Inspector General’s report on Edmonds found that many of her claims “were supported, that the FBI did not take them seriously enough, and that her allegations were, in fact, the most significant factor in the FBI’s decision to terminate her services.”
aclu.org/safefree/general/18 … 50126.html[/quote]
So does 6 months on-duty represent enough time to uncover dirty secrets and anti-American activities amongst elected and appointed US government officials?
YES, obviously 6 months WAS enough time, since our Federal government didn’t feverishly – fire her, raid her home, interrogate family members in Turkey and impose more gag restraints than anyone in history – just for any rat’s ass reason.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Your appreciation of history is about as dim as your grasp of the essentials of politics.[/quote]You’re insinuating that one shouldn’t appreciate the gravity of blowing the whistle on corruption?
color=darkblue[/color]
Or you’re suggesting that corruption is essential to a healthy and trustworthy political system?
color=darkblue[/color]
Say it’s not so, and please feel free to intellectually contribute.

TGM, while you’re hinting at enlightening us on history, do tell us if the Pentagon Papers proved to be a significant scandal.
color=darkblue[/color]
After that, if you’re on a roll, do tell why would Sibel Edmonds’ testimony about criminal elements in the U.S. Government after 9/11 be regarded as a non-issue to the 9/11 Commission yet be gagged by the “state secrets privilege” in every possible way?
color=darkblue[/color]

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Compare me to Haldeman again, and I’ll…[/quote]Compare YOU? No, but you’re kind of touchy on this subject, sorry about that. Your rat’s ass reflection on the importance of Sibel outing high-level corruption directly echoes Haldeman’s gobbledygook reflection to Nixon about the scandal that tipped power and jailed crooks. Why don’t you step back and compare the two scenarios. If you still think they are vastly different, tell me how and I’ll consider retracting the comparison.
color=darkblue[/color]

TheGingerMan or TainanCowboy - If either of you are done flailing personal attacks, do tell… Is America (and the world) better off by keeping the truth of corruption hidden?
color=darkblue[/color]
Or do you see any merit to exposing illegal activities that undermine national security?
color=darkblue[/color]

In case you’re tempted to ask, “Why, if this story IS so hot, hasn’t American media spashed it everywhere a rat’s ass has to read, swallow and find discomfort in?”
You’ll find a couple answers here by the same whistle-blower who brought us those inconvenient Pentagon Papers:
DANIEL ELLSBERG:
Covering Up the Coverage - The American Media’s Complicit Failure to Investigate and Report on the Sibel Edmonds Case
(1/20/2008)

[color=darkblue]You’ll notice 8 (eight) questions (
i[/i]
)… marked for you to contemplate and remark on.[/color]
When you’re ready, take them one at a time or all at once, its up to you. Lest your attacks be uncivil, and frivolous.

=========================================

“- a country that hides something is a country that is afraid of getting caught.”
President Bush, April 13, 2004

Why was a proven liar and wanted man appointed by the White House to be in charge of the 9/11 investigation?
Henry Kissinger

“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”
President Bush, May 24, 2005 in Rochester, NY.