Does the EVA lounge at TPE have showers?

Does the EVA lounge at TPE have showers? I usually fly SQ out of TPE and their lounge
does have showers. However, this time I’m not paying for my own ticket and I had no
choice but to fly EVA. (6 hours between connections) Called my local EVA office but the
rep wasn’t sure… ’

If they don’t, is there somewhere in TPE that I can shower? I have not status in Star Alliance,
so I doubt SQ will let me use their lounge. (but I do have OneWorld emerald status, if that
makes any difference…) :slight_smile:

Thanks for any info!

They don’t even have toilets.

Well, not last time I was in there about 2 years back. Maybe there are showers in the terminal somewhere? Maybe even the lounge toilets? Never looked, sorry.

Don’t remember EVA but your One World Emerald won’t help you with the showers as the Cathay Pacific Lounge doesn’t have showers either.

The EVA lounge has showers according to this:

airlinequality.com/Product/l … pe_eva.htm

EVA AIR

Lounge Review

First / Business Class Lounge

Taipei CKS Airport

Up until a couple of years ago, Taipei only had the one terminal and the lounges were small to say the least. The smoke in there was enough to keep the heaviest of smokers topped up in nicotine for at least 12 hours. When Terminal 2 opened, EVA moved its operation in there and the new lounge was opened. There are two classes based upon level of membership and the facilities are pretty good. The staff are very friendly and will answer any questions you might have. They also are very obliging with any particular needs you might have. The showers are good and usual items that you need are supplied. Snacks are served with a mixture of hot and cold and the choice of drinks is extensive. Generally the lounge is relaxed and calm. Next door to the lounge is the transit hotel. For only $10.00 you can use the gym, sauna and steam room. They also have a nice relax room to unwind. I find this particularly useful as most of my return flights leave at late evening, so if you have had a busy / hot day, you can relax and change into clean clothes for the journey ahead.

I know there is a busibness lounge in the airport that does have showers. When I first landed 5 years ago i stumbled across it… paid a small fee and was able to shower and eat and use the internet. can’t for the life of me remember the name but i know it wasn’t affiliated with any airline. when you land, ask around.

Called Plus I think. I used to go in for free with a Visa Platinum card then they changed it. It was quite good.

LL, I used to go to the crappy lounge Eva provided. Was that the frequent flyer lounge. Are you going to a business class lounge or is this a total upgrade?

Called Plus I think. I used to go in for free with a Visa Platinum card then they changed it. It was quite good.

LL, I used to go to the crappy lounge Eva provided. Was that the frequent flyer lounge. Are you going to a business class lounge or is this a total upgrade?[/quote]

Dunno, never been in the EVA lounge. This must be their new terminal 2 lounge. Only lounges I’ve been in here recently are Thai’s excuse for a lounge and China Scarelines.

Tell me folks, is there usually food in the Cathay lounge around lunchtime? And what’s the meal likely to be in business on the 1:30 flight to HK? For reasons beyond my control I will have to rely on the beggars to feed me. Last time I was in the Cathay lounge was 1992 and there was no food (but plenty to drink :slight_smile: ).

I used the shower in the EVA business class lounge about a year and a half ago. At that time KLM was using the EVA lounge.

I use “The More” business lounge. It has showers and excellent massage chairs. If you don’t have a membership card you can pay a fee to use it.

There are 3 ‘types’ of EVA lounge depending on your flight class. The one I use certainly has toilets and a shower (and crap food).

The food ain’t that bad… well the potatoe salad sandwiches are a bit weird :s

The EVA lounge in TPE is a palace compared to the EVA lounge in LA… what a dump! HK EVA lounge is comfortable too.

[quote=“Connel”]

The EVA lounge in TPE is a palace compared to the EVA lounge in LA… [ /quote]

I have also wondered about that… LAX is EVA’s biggest destination, other than TPE or HKG,
yet LAX has a real awful lounge… (my last visit to the EVA Air LAX lounge was 5 months ago,
so if they have changed, please correct me)

You can just buy a coffee, drink it and keep the paper cup, and use that to shower, filling it up at the automatic urinal. It works well.

[quote=“sandman”]You can just buy a coffee, drink it and keep the paper cup, and use that to shower, filling it up at the automatic urinal. It works well.[/quote]’

I’d rather have the EVA Air flight attendants give me a sponge bath instead…
(not a compliment)

:slight_smile:

There are also small wells located behind the swing doors. Just open the lid and dip. Sometimes there will be people sitting on the wells. You just have to be patient and wait to get access.