Does the moon affect your relationship?

A fellow teacher was late this morning. He told me later during break time that he had a domestic with his partner which started last night, continued this morning and they are still working at resolving it. He was baffled and didn’t know where this curveball came from.

My wife and I also experienced some friction last night and this morning. We are going to “talk about it” tonight. I can already feel a knot in my stomach. I must confess I find the female mind and it’s reasoning very baffling at times.

After our little talk my fellow teacher and I realised it is full moon at the moment. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced some curve balls yesterday or today. Those curveballs that come out of nowhere and leave you thinking: Now where the hell did that come from?

[quote=“Quirk”]A fellow teacher was late this morning. He told me later during break time that he had a domestic with his partner which started last night, continued this morning and they are still working at resolving it. He was baffled and didn’t know where this curveball came from.

My wife and I also experienced some friction last night and this morning. We are going to “talk about it” tonight. I can already feel a knot in my stomach. I must confess I find the female mind and it’s reasoning very baffling at times.

After our little talk my fellow teacher and I realised it is full moon at the moment. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced some curve balls yesterday or today. Those curveballs that come out of nowhere and leave you thinking: Now where the hell did that come from?[/quote]

ahhhhh. An attempt at logic into female moods. :loco:

seriously, I will have to pay more attention an observe.

Bit of an amateur astronomer, so yes the missus gets a little pissed when I am out all night star gazing :wink:

Mine tends to act rather strangely when there’s a moon.

Of course not. I never go anywhere near my old lady when there’s a full moon. You haven’t learned that yet? :wink:

I mooned my g/f. She loves me even more now. And yes, it was a FULL moon.

When I first started working at night clubs, the bouncers always told me to be extra careful on full moon nights, when I worked the floor. I brushed it off until my first full moon, when I saw things that should never be repeated :noway: :noway: Cops also say that their most difficult or wierdest nights are on those. It has something to do with the energy fields , I think. Best bet is to Google it.

I don’t know about relationships, but the full moon sure affects my Forumosa postings, you dirty BASTARD!

Really, though, I do tend to get noticeably “antsy” around the full moon.

Extra police on full moon nights at my station when I worked there because people used to fight alot more and traffic accidents were more common. Warewolves were also a prominent annoyance.

Are you sure this is not more tied to a woman’s MC, than the full moon.

Unless your woman’s MC is as regular as the phases of the moon :blush:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Are you sure this is not more tied to a woman’s MC, than the full moon.

Unless your woman’s MC is as regular as the phases of the moon :blush:[/quote]

Come on now, stop using the mc as the ultimate excuse for a woman’s so called whacky behavior. Heck, maybe Quirk you were a little bit on the funky side, and that was the straw that broke the camel’s back…

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“ac_dropout”]Are you sure this is not more tied to a woman’s MC, than the full moon.

Unless your woman’s MC is as regular as the phases of the moon :blush:[/quote]

Come on now, stop using the mc as the ultimate excuse for a woman’s so called whacky behavior. Heck, maybe Quirk you were a little bit on the funky side, and that was the straw that broke the camel’s back…[/quote]

What are you suggesting? That guys can have mood swings also. Hehe that’s a good one. :loco:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
What are you suggesting? That guys can have mood swings also. Hehe that’s a good one. :loco:[/quote]

MALE PMS DOES EXSIST

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“ac_dropout”]
What are you suggesting? That guys can have mood swings also. Hehe that’s a good one. :loco:[/quote]

MALE PMS DOES EXSIST[/quote]
But it wouldn’t (or should I say shouldn’t) be called Pre-Menstrual Syndrome, for men don’t menstruate.

So…women have a reason to be bitchy because they menstruate.
Men don’t have a reason to be bitchy because they don’t menstruate. Men are just bitchy for no reason.

Am I correct in my reasoning? :wink:

[quote=“914”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“ac_dropout”]

MALE PMS DOES EXSIST[/quote]
But it wouldn’t (or should I say shouldn’t) be called Pre-Menstrual Syndrome, for men don’t menstruate.

So…women have a reason to be bitchy because they menstruate.
Men don’t have a reason to be bitchy because they don’t menstruate. Men are just bitchy for no reason.

Am I correct in my reasoning? :wink:[/quote]

Okay I gotta do a Sandman here…YOu should read the article before making your post. Second, men aren’t bitchy for no reason,that is debasing. I don’t use my MC as a reason to be ‘bitchy’ and in fact hate the fact that it’s used as excuse to downgrade or ignore what I have to express/share/speak my mind on.

Maybe i should have made it clear by what i meant as funky. I should have stated that maybe Quirky had some B.O. and that was the last straw. A little tongue in cheek humor.

[quote=“Namahottie”]Okay I gotta do a Sandman here…You should read the article before making your post. Second, men aren’t bitchy for no reason,that is debasing. I don’t use my MC as a reason to be ‘bitchy’ and in fact hate the fact that it’s used as excuse to downgrade or ignore what I have to express/share/speak my mind on.

Maybe I should have made it clear by what I meant as funky. I should have stated that maybe Quirky had some B.O. and that was the last straw. A little tongue in cheek humor.[/quote]
Namahottie, my last post was meant as a joke too, hence the " :wink:" Chill…

Not so clear about relationships per se, but I definitely second the others about weirdness on full moon nights.

Many lives ago I was a bouncer in a fairly wide open, prairie cowboy/girl kinda bar and incidents of the bloody head variety always spiked at a full moon (poker and illegal slots in a back room, cocaine was all the rage, supplemented often by amphetamine use, lots of after-hours parties often stretching into midmorning, and there were at least two significant rodeos both happening, seasonally, nearby).

It was consistent, and after a while became clearly remarkable.

The worst nights were when the triple witching hour struck: full moon, weekend, holiday weekend. In this bar, this trifecta really hit the jackpot when all of the above occurred on Halloween Saturday; christ, what a night that was. The owner and I started tracking it after a while, result being that nearly every time the cops had to be called there was a full moon.

I heard a radio story the other day about this very thing. According to the reporter, murder rates are positively correlated to full moons in the US.

The moon has a powerful influence on people when full.
http://www.stardate.org/nightsky/moon/