Does the temperature feel hot everywhere?

Well at least cooler at night by 3am temp will be down to 18c or so

I take it you know nothing of El Niño and La Niña?

I went for a walk around my village after 11am it was feeling rather warm but a nice breeze made things better.

Cooler now though

Maybe come back down to the low lands…

Nope, these mist covered mountains are a home now for me.

Hk2.0 is experiencing a sizzling week! Aircon is unavoidable!

One thing I have noticed is that for last 10 years I have lived without aircons in the mountains. But definitely required in the cities.

I haven’t used aircon at home since 2020.

When the hottest temperature you’ll see is 26 degrees, I agree you don’t need ac.

But down here it’s over 35 and 100 percent humidity, and fans don’t work jack shit.

Perhaps
Someday you’ll return to, your valleys and your farms?

That would be close to this town where I spent summers on the farm

This is what it is like for the lowlands peoples heading home on a Sunday after escaping the heat.

received_299942725751914

4 Likes

That is taking the “Taipei Guo” discourse to a new planetary level!!!

Guy

Best way to cope with the current heat in Taiwan: I work home office and wear only boxershorts most of the year. (not the same one ofc). Trousers and shirts are only for people who leave the house. I love my boxers.

I hope you like your electricity bill though. Just remember if you double the consumption your bill is 3x higher, not double.

Last year my electric bill was over 6000, so I don’t stay home unless I’m going paid work.

Did you mean me or the OP?
I don’t use AC, I only use fan. My windows are open all year.

I guess you live in the mountains.

I can’t stay home because it becomes an oven without ac and fans do nothing but blow hot air around.

Much better to just go somewhere with ac (like a shopping center) than stay home.

Better than this, from today’s Taipei Times:

Guy

Yea TDC sucks, everyone knows that.

If you’re going to commit crimes either get a low sentence so you stay in county (which all have ac and is colder than a fridge) or commit federal crimes because all federal facilities have ac. I think this is a bop mandate.