Does the US Provoke Wars?

Recreational warfare is one of the few growth industries left in the US, not to mention one of the few good employment options left for poor high school graduates in Flyover Country.

US is profiteering from the Ukraine war I’ve no doubt they have calculated a way if China invades Taiwan.

2 Likes

Governments know the same cast of characters are behind conflicts and the ‘colour revolutions’. Especially in 2023. Old Saddam was hoodwinked into thinking the US gave him the green light into invading Kuwait. Do you think Syria would ever trust the US, never mind the Russians ever trusting the US again?
The track record of the US alone since WW2 - dozens and dozens of countries.
Total racket.

4 Likes

Capitulation doesn’t require trust.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/03/09/gop_presidential_field_rallies_around_one_idea_declare_drug_cartels_terrorists__148963.html

Peter Zeihan spoke about Mexico being the next direct conflict US war on the agenda a while ago when he met with US military leaders.

Given the shit the Mexican president! has been spouting recently, maybe… just maybe.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/03/09/mexican_president_i_will_campaign_for_mexican-americans_to_not_vote_republican_if_they_do_not_change_their_attitude.html

?

3 Likes

Yeah yeah , fire me. :joy:

1 Like

On Tuesday, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., said on “Fox and Friends” that it was a “mistake” that Trump didn’t bomb fentanyl labs in Mexico during his presidency. He was referring to the allegation from Trump’s former Defense Secretary Mark Esper in his memoir that Trump had inquired about the possibility of sending missiles into Mexico to wipe out the cartels and take out drug labs. Esper said he objected. (Trump has previously refused to comment on the matter.) On Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told NewsNation that he wanted to “blow them up” using the U.S. military.

Not to mention the shit that Republican politicians! have been spouting lately.
Simple solution- Americans don’t want their citizens importing fentanyl from Mexico, so the US will bomb the labs on the Mexican side of the border. Mexicans don’t want their citizens importing guns from the U.S., so Mexico will bomb all the gun shops situated along the U.S. side of the border. Everybody’s happy.

2 Likes

Prove it or it’s in your mind. I think the cartels don’t mind the guns at all, and that’s who’s running the show in ole Mexico.

The people of Mexico are not the cartels. No one wants to be controlled by the people with the guns. Just ask any old person in Taiwan or wonder for a moment why we didn’t have to work on 2/28

The “people of Mexico” is a rhetorical device. The people wielding power in Mexico are the literal cartels.

Really? No one wants a strong government with a strong military behind them? I disagree.

Yes, because that’ll prove your point about Mexican drug cartels. :idunno:

Just come across this, don’t know the poster but agree.

Ok. We’ll make this more obviously clear: normal, every day, average people who live in Mexico do not like to be shoved around by people in their streets who have guns for no reason other than for some reason, those people have guns.

And this is based on what? Your opinion? What you think normal Mexicans think? Are you that in tune with normal, everyday Mexicans? I wonder what they are wearing in your imagination.

Yep, knowing that average human beings anywhere in the world do not like to be living under the constant threat of death because random people with guns patrol their streets just cuz they can is “in my imagination”. /s

I don’t need this, but thank you.

Some people say that about the police. Are they in your normal too? If this is just your projected perspective, just say so.

This will help, I think.

There are more, but these are a little glimpse.

I kind of figured some people, maybe even Putin, would blame American involvement in the Orange Revolution:

To me, that’s sort of the way of the world. To cite an example that I’ve cited before, France played a big role in the American Revolution.1, 2

Edited to add another possible example:

Joshua Hammer, “Vladimir Lenin’s Return Journey to Russia Changed the World Forever,” Smithsonian Magazine, March 2017

U.S. officials declined to disclose the nature of the intelligence, how it was obtained or any details of the strength of the evidence it contains,” the report said. “They have said that there are no firm conclusions about it, leaving open the possibility that the operation might have been conducted off the books by a proxy force with connections to the Ukrainian government or its security services.”

Ya think?

1 Like

China since 1949 has been in direct military conflicts with its neighbours starting from the Korean War 1950, Invasion and annexation of Tibet 1950, Second Taiwan Strait Crisis 1958, China-India war 1962, China-Soviet war 1969, Chin-Vietnam War 1979, and it went full circle back to the third Taiwan Strait crisis 1996, and went on to create the Senkaku Boat Collision incident 2010 with Japan.

China is by far the most bellicose nation since WW2.

The United States since WW2 has not gone to war for territorial gain. In fact the post WW2 world order (aka United Nations etc) is underwritten by US and US has the legitimate authority to use force. China doesn’t have that authority.

1 Like