Does your gf believe Western men do housework?

My gf told me that she wanted a white boyfriend because white men will do housework. She gets this idea from TV shows and Hollywood movies.
We don’t live together, so I guess there is no point in letting her know how wrong she is just yet. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Does your gf believe men do women’s work outside of Asia? :sunglasses:

You are in no way an idiot, but some people like you are. I heard of this one dude for instance, he loved to post on a message board about nothing in particular. Thank god you are nothing like that. Good luck with your woman.

In Taiwan, if you saw something on TV, or if your mother said so, or you heard it from your friends …

it must be true. :bow: :bow:

My wife was under no illusions, I told her from the start you can do it all or we can hire a maid. I’m happy to pay for the maid but I don’t do housework.

It’d be a lie if I said it was 50/50.

Wish I could say it was 60 her and 40 me, but in reality it is probably 65/35.

Interesting post about the cultural misconceptions some Taiwanese have about Western men.

Does anyone ever learn how to mow the lawn over here? Talk about missing out on a rite of passage. The smell of fresh cut grass or when you run over a frog and it gets sprayed across the yard. Priceless.

My Mrs used to believe (courtesy of TV and her mates who had never been there) that all people from Britland were sophisticated, wine drinking types like Hugh Grant or Jude Law. i have changed her mind slightly but i can’t help thinking that she believes that i, and the other Brits she has met around and about, are, exceptions to the rule.

Can’t wait till she meets the likes of Barry and Joe down the Working Mans Social Club for a game of crown green bowls, a pint of mild and trip down to Belle Vue for some Speedway or dog racing.

Or some of my other mates with those funny looking jazz cigarettes…

[quote=“trebuchet”]My gf told me that she wanted a white boyfriend because white men will do housework.

Does your gf believe men do women’s work outside of Asia?[/quote]
How is cleaning up so that you’re not living in a shit pit ‘women’s work’?
My sweetie knows that I do housework.

[quote=“Funk500”]My Mrs used to believe (courtesy of TV and her mates who had never been there) that all people from the Britland were sophisticated, wine drinking types like Hugh Grant or Jude Law. i have changed her mind slightly but i can’t help thinking that she believes that i, and the other Brits she has met around and about, are, exceptions to the rule.

Can’t wait till she meets the likes of Barry and Joe down the Working Mans Social Club for a game of crown green bowls, a pint of mild and trip down to Belle Vue for some Speedway or dog racing.

Or some of my other mates with those funny looking jazz cigarettes…[/quote]

Well, the Taiwanese could have worse stereotypes for Brits. “Gentleman”…oh my god I’ve heard that phrase so much. I admit that I’m a classless devil spawn of Uncle Sam, but when I hear Taiwanese make generalizations about people from the UK like they’re James Bond or Jude Law (like you said) I giggle.

Granted, I’m probably a little jealous because this is probably how Yanks are perceived here:

Anyway, I think Funk500’s point that you have to go there to get the most accurate impression is pretty good.

For example, if my friends actually made a trip over to Asia they’d stop asking me if it’s sideways.

in what way is that off the mark?
:astonished:

I bought a lawnmower a couple of years ago at Homebox because I couldn’t stand the way the garden services “mow” the lawns here. Once a month if we’re lucky and they use a weedeater, not a lawnmower.

So, I do my lawn, and those of my two neighbours. Looks like a putting green. :sunglasses:

I bought a lawnmower a couple of years ago at Homebox because I couldn’t stand the way the garden services “mow” the lawns here. Once a month if we’re lucky and they use a weedeater, not a lawnmower. [/quote]

Oh my god, the horror. I had a friend whose dad made him cut the grass one time with the weedeater. [We’d call it a weedwhacker, but tomato potato as they say. :slight_smile: ]

I think it took him like 5 hours to get it done.

Nice, a friendly gesture and looks nice too. How big is your yard?

[quote=“trebuchet”]My gf told me that she wanted a white boyfriend because white men will do housework. She gets this idea from TV shows and Hollywood movies.
We don’t live together, so I guess there is no point in letting her know how wrong she is just yet. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Does your gf believe men do women’s work outside of Asia? :sunglasses:[/quote]
So you’re a lazy shit. What does that have to do with “women’s work?” Whatever that is.

I bought a lawnmower a couple of years ago at Homebox because I couldn’t stand the way the garden services “mow” the lawns here. Once a month if we’re lucky and they use a weedeater, not a lawnmower. [/quote]

Oh my god, the horror. I had a friend whose dad made him cut the grass one time with the weedeater. [We’d call it a weedwhacker, but tomato potato as they say. :slight_smile: ]

I think it took him like 5 hours to get it done.

Nice, a friendly gesture and looks nice too. How big is your yard?[/quote]

Yes, my neighbours are quite pleased with me doing the mowing. I do the moving, they provide the beer. A win-win partnership.

My yard is around 20 x 10m; theirs the same. It takes around one and a half hours to cut the lot, which includes doing the edges with the weedeater.

Thirsty work, especially in summer.

Talking about housework, I cook every evening because I enjoy it, and my wife loves eating the meals I cook.

Men and women simply approach these things differently. Suppose there’s a piece of shit stuck to the side of the toilet bowl. A woman would spend hours scrubbing and disinfecting the damn thing. A man would just piss it down the drain.

[quote=“Anubis”]
Talking about housework, I cook every evening because I enjoy it, and my wife loves eating the meals I cook.[/quote]

I do the dishes every evening…well, maybe not every evening but at least 70% of the time when we cook at home. I’m not a great cook but I do realize that when someone is cooking, it’s a pain to have to wash up as well.

Plus, after doing it for a while you get the knack. Find your system, organize and then execute. Project dishman completed in 1/4 of the time it took to prepare the meal.

But my gf is WAY faster than me at hanging up the laundry.

[quote=“Anubis”]Yes, my neighbours are quite pleased with me doing the mowing. I do the moving, they provide the beer. A win-win partnership.

My yard is around 20 x 10m; theirs the same. It takes around one and a half hours to cut the lot, which includes doing the edges with the weedeater.

Thirsty work, especially in summer.[/quote]

Lawns… in Taiwan?

“Women’s work?” The very term sounds pretty sexist to me. One would hope we had evolved beyond that kind of ugly, simple-minded thinking.

My missus simply see’s things before i do. She’ll notice the floor needs cleaning and I won’t until it’s worse. So she ends up doing it. It’s not her work.

Other tasks are reasonably divided in our house with her doing the supervising. I know who wears the pants in my house, I’ll go get my skirt. :unamused:

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“Anubis”]Yes, my neighbours are quite pleased with me doing the mowing. I do the moving, they provide the beer. A win-win partnership.

Thirsty work, especially in summer.[/quote]

Lawns… in Taiwan?[/quote]

I couldn’t believe it either the first time I saw it. I was so impressed I BOUGHT the place. :rainbow:

I spent the last two years or so looking for a house to buy. Most of the places were either too expensive, too small, too dark, too closed in, too much like a shoe box… with no yard, no lawn, no garden.

We were very fortunate to find the place we bought which is out in the mountains, yet only 20 minutes from downtown Hsinchu, and around 10 minutes from freeway number three. Two floors only with a front and back garden, around 180 pings in total. :lovestruck:

Erm, I guess I’m off topic. Better go. :smiley:

Some gf’s want to use their man for sex … yours want you to do housework … poor man :astonished:

BTW, my wife knows I do housework … that’s why she married me … :bow: