Dog Cafes in Taipei

Hello

I went to Korea a couple of times before and they have quite a few cat cafes and dog cafes there.
But here in Taipei i have only heard about Cat Cafes.
Are there any dog cafes here? i’ll be studying here for a year and I already miss my dogs at home. I was hoping they’d have dog cafes here too ^^ Doesn’t really matter which area of Taipei, as long as it’s possible to get there by MRT/Bus

Eating dogs and cats isn’t a popular pastime in Taiwan these days. From what I’ve heard you may have better luck down Pingdong county way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“Dinosaursarejjang”]Hello

I went to Korea a couple of times before and they have quite a few cat cafes and dog cafes there.
But here in Taipei I have only heard about Cat Cafes.
Are there any dog cafes here? I’ll be studying here for a year and I already miss my dogs at home. I was hoping they’d have dog cafes here too ^^ Doesn’t really matter which area of Taipei, as long as it’s possible to get there by MRT/Bus[/quote]

Dog lovers meet at doggie parks, like the one on Linsen Road, next to XinXin Cinema, or Huashan Park, next to the Huashan Culture center. It is great to see many doggies romping around. You can get to either one from Shantao Temple MRT station, 5 to 10 minute walk.

Most cafes are dog friendly -small dog friendly, the ones you carry in purses- so there are no specifics that I know of, unless like in Wulai or Nantou, where they have doggie friendly hotels.

If you miss your dogs, maybe you can volunteer with Animals Taiwan or The Sanctuary to walk the doggies or spend time with them so they can become more used to people and more adoptable. This can be of great help.

There’s a dog park on the riverside park east of the Song shan airport if you have a dog and want to unlatch the leash and let them run around. Take the entrance to from BinJiang(濱江) Road and head as north (then west). Once you get to the end of the road, it should be to the right. Here’s the name, Yingfenggou Sports Park, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105, throw that into google and you should be all set.

As for dog cafes, like Icon said, most cafes are dog friendly. Unless there’s a sign on the door that specifically doesn’t allow pets/animals, usually you won’t have a problem unless your pet isn’t well behaved.

He is looking for those places that “rent” a dog or cat to accompany you while you sip your latte or tea. There are some cat cafes I know of, used to love them as a student, but I have not heard of dog cafes here in Taipei. Anyone?

I suggested the dog parks or volunteering as a way for him to have some contact with friendly dogs since he misses his own so much.

[quote=“Icon”]He is looking for those places that “rent” a dog or cat to accompany you while you sip your latte or tea. There are some cat cafes I know of, used to love them as a student, but I have not heard of dog cafes here in Taipei. Anyone?

I suggested the dog parks or volunteering as a way for him to have some contact with friendly dogs since he misses his own so much.[/quote]

I think I skimmed way too quickly through the OP’s post and completely overlooked that he’s looking for a furry friend to accompany their latte/tea.

Unfortunately, I haven’t heard of any dog cafes. There are some restaurant owners that keep their dog(s) in the establishment, but nothing more than one or two dogs.

thanks for the quick answers everyone ^^
(i’m a she btw)
i didn’t think about dog parks so thanks for the suggestion :smiley: