Dog found in Tamsui with foreign chip ID

This dog was found with a foreign address in his chip…yet, the owner was found. Please chip your pets. Chip info helps bringing people together.

2 Likes

We’d really love to go along with this adventure. Do the owners care to share their tale?

You aren’t wrong. Both my cats are chipped, luckily, since they got onto our balcony and one fell off, we love on the 5th floor! Fortunately there is a huge pagola at the bottom covering a temples entrance and he (I assume) landed on that and bounced off, sore leg but he’s fine (and overweight). Only reason we got him back was someone took him to the vet which happened to be the same one we chipped him at, they checked and the lady dropped him off in a carrier to our security guard. Was well surprised to find him in it when I got home, gave the carrier back to the lady and offered a reward but she didn’t want. She and my wife are good friends now.

If he wasn’t chipped, the vet probably knew where to call or drop off anyway, he’s been there 3 times, fleas when we got him as he was a stray being sold by a pet shop, 2 for snipsnip, 3rd for chip. But even if he never went there we would have got him back. He and his sister never go on the balcony now ha!