Dog-friendly cafes in Taipei?

Hi everyone,

I’m new here to Forumosa but have been spending a very enjoyable weekend reading lots of the back posts and chuckling to myself! :slight_smile:

I will be moving to Taipei next Jan with my Great Dane and I was wondering if any of you might know of any “dog-friendly” cafes/restaurants/pubs, etc, around the Songshan / Zhongshan area?

They don’t have to be those ludicrous cafes serving cute meals to dogs - just places where you can go and eat but it’s OK to have your dog sitting under your table or something…?

You don’t have to have been there yourself with a dog - even if it’s just some place you have walked past and you noticed patrons with dogs…I’d really appreciate the information! :slight_smile:

Thanks very much,
H’sin-'Yi

Welcome! Although not in the Songshan/Zhongshan area, these two cafes are both very cosy and always have a few patron’s dogs inside.
Path Café - Taipei City, Zhongxiao E. Road, Section4, Lane 216, Alley 33, No. 10.
Mucho Mucho - Taipei City, Fuxing S. Road, Section 1, Lane 107, Alley 5, No. 29.

Both places have good coffee and a relaxed atmosphere but like many cafes around, the smoke indoors can get a bit much. Not sure if that’s a problem for you or pooch.

I’ll keep my eyes open for more.

Thanks so much, stevegan - I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Grandma Nittis. Always a few dogs around there. Rainbow (the lovely owner) is very active in the dog rescue/adoption area – she has a gorgeous Weimarer (or maybe its a vizla, I can never tell those ones apart). If you go there with that dog of yours you’ll be welcomed, I’m sure. Did you notice my reference earlier to http://animalstaiwan.org/index.php?

Welcome~ nice to see someone else is bring back their dog with them,
We had bring back Boo(Great Pyrenees) with us three years ago. Taiwan have a lot of place you can take your dogs around, we have see most of the Taiwan with our dogs. We enjoy travel around Taiwan with our dogs.
you can check out our flickr so you have some ideas some of the beautiful place you can take your dog to.
flickr.com/photos/barbershop
once again ~ Welcome to Taiwan !!!

Ivonne