Dogbreath

no…Elliot called his brother “penis breath” which is worse than dog breath, that’s for sure.

I thought I was the only one who would admit to having read that. Alan Dean Foster’s Alien was good too. But I digress.[/quote]
Shaun Hutson’s novelization of Terminator had a good quote which I thought was from Nietzsche, but it turns out to be Motley Crue.

shaunhutson.com/quotes.htm#terminator

Easy to get the two mixed up when you’re 13 I guess. At least it caused me to read Thus Spake Zarathustra.

Mentos! The fresh maker!

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“glockmeister”]Ever noticed that otherwise attractive girls here have serious breath problems?
Is it just that I attract females with rotten breath or is it a general phenomenon here?
Strange thing is they seem not to realize their dogbreath problems[/quote]

Offer them some gum or a breath mint![/quote]

Or just shag them whilst facing away from the face…
Doggy style usually works wonders…
:idunno:

Maybe its diet or maybe its some girls could do with a good flossing or dental hygiene program

I dislike yellow teeth set against sickly white complexion

Good observation and I’m glad that it’s not just me who thought so. Yes, the local gals here don’t brush as religiously as westerners, and they eat lots of stuff that, well, smells bad! A lot of them smoke, too, so that just adds to the obnoxious odor. As long as we’re on the topic, let’s talk about their bathing hygeine. I work with some very pretty Chinese co-teachers, who, despite their looks, just plain stink. They have major body-odor. Look, I’m not being all racial or anything but the locals are just lacking hygeine. What else can I say? Not as bad as in the Middle East, but still bad enough that the generalization is more or less accurate. Of course someone will post a reply that his girlfriend or wife is squeaky clean at all times. Sure, I’m generalizing, which admittedly is a sign of ignorance but if one makes enough observations (lack of hygeine, in this case), then its possible that some generalizations can have validity.

I used to notice this too. Especially in the wintertime, when they didn’t feel the need to shower frequently or wash their clothes because it was colder and they didn’t think they needed to. I had a friend who used to complain also that his wife wouldn’t wash bath towels, as she thought they were always clean because you just use them when you step out of the shower. :laughing: The concept of cleanliness is vastly different between cultures, that’s all.

As for the Middle East, it’s an interesting place because some parts lack good hygiene, while the Gulf is the cleanest place with the cleanest people I have ever come across.

I think this is because:

1. The dieting, this is really bad for the breath. Girls that never eat, get a really weird sour breath… brr…

2. The food, the girls that actually do eat show rise and weird fried stuff into their mouths without brushing their teeth and without chewing gum. I’ve noticed that taking care of oral hygiene is not high priority, but actually it’s even WORSE in japan!

My opinion
Girls eat spicy food.
They never scrape their tongues.
They drink very little water.
I have met many girls here with a doggie breath, in fact the majority(also guys)
I guess no-one ever tells them.

Well, if you tell them, they bark and bite. Not pleasant.

The Cowboys word skank-o-matic is class, and I am stealing it.

Shitty breath is usually a sign of a bad digestive tract.

I have not encountered many cases of smelly people, which is probably due to the fact that I’m not very gregarious.

But yesterday, I went to an exhibition organized by a branch of the Taiwanese government. They were corralling us from exhibit to exhibit and space was tight. I noticed quite a few of the exhibitors had bad breath. Then, one girl in particular (who was cute) packed a one-two punch: bad breath and body odor. Yay!

These were people mandated by the government to impress foreigners. Well, arguably, they made an impression but not the kind they were hoping to make.

Yes, sadly a lot of people have it…but high school aged boys on the MRT, bus at the movies! BODY ODOR! Don’t their mothers tell them! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Sorry!

It’s the ‘evening bath’ thing, coupled with the urban nomad thing. Those kids especially, get up at dawn, eat shitty 7-11/canteen food all day, nap, study, play basketball, ride the bus, etc, all in those yuck poly-cotton shirts in 35 degree heat: they are going to kick out a bit …

The girls in my office used to brush their teeth after lunch, but still had dodgy breath. Rank biandangs and starvation diets, I guess.

The preponderance of foul odours has driven me away from the China/Taiwan camp and very firmly into the Thais. If a Thai has bad odour, breath or body, then they’re probably mentally ill, because the rest of them would prefer to die than be regarded as smelly or unclean. One of the cutest habits of the Thais is the “sniff kiss.” You simply can not do that with a stinky partner.

I might just add here that Thai Romanisation completely sucks.

HG

Learn something new everyday. I had no idea it was a Thai thing. I just like the way guys smell when they have a natural, but hygenic scent so I like to do this. Cool.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]The preponderance of foul odours has driven me away from the China/Taiwan camp and very firmly into the Thais. If a Thai has bad odour, breath or body, then they’re probably mentally ill, because the rest of them would prefer to die than be regarded as smelly or unclean. One of the cutest habits of the Thais is the “sniff kiss.” You simply can not do that with a stinky partner.

I might just add here that Thai Romanisation completely sucks.

HG[/quote]

Having experienced the odd Thai lady, their hygiene habits have certainly rubbed off on me. I have to be as clean as they are.
I couldn’t go near a female if she wasn’t spotlessly clean. Beer breath, smokey breath - disgusting (and they’d think like wise).

Spotlessly clean is delicious.

Oh the sniff kiss.
The first time that happened to me I thought what the fuck is happening, but you get use to it.