Doin' tealit in?

many of us here are familiar with www.tealit.com as the site has long advertised daily in the local press and is indeed a foreigner’s treasure trove of part-time, shady jobs.

it would seem that with the gov’t cracking down on kindergarten teaching would be a nice opportunity to do tealit such as it deserves.

how? simple, tealit (and the papers) that carry their adverts are breaking the law.

everyone here should be familiar with evta.gov.tw/english/lawevta. … wevta1.htm

for this purpose, article 45 is salient: “Anyone shall not introduce foreign persons on behalf of third party that violates laws and regulations.” the penalty for such is set forth in article 64.

anyone know how to contact the proper gov’t branch that’ll pressure the newspress to stop running tealits ads which “introduce foreign persons with employment on behalf of third party that violates laws and regulations”?

such would serve the community in manifold ways:
1)schools promoting illegal work would lose their pimp,
2)tealit would lose the newspapers as an advertising source, penalizing such for their lame(bogus) forum,
3)newbies would find it not so easy to stumble into the grasp of law breaking employers.

if taiwan is so intent on prosecuting foreigners who do the dastardly deed of teaching the young, perhaps the least we can do is provide the law enforcers with the names of the organizations/individuals that “facilitate” (and profit) from such illegal interactions.

seeing as how this is a respectable forum and has long has a “lockdown” policy on threads that discuss the benefits of illegal work, perhaps it is best that we also forment the discusssion of obeying and following the laws here as well.

Not all teaching is illegal and my take of article 45 is different to your interpretation. It reads “Anyone shall not introduce foreign persons on behalf of third party that violates laws and regulations”, the penalty for such is set forth in article 64. Now doesn’t that mean that you can no longer be sub let out like you could as of October or so last year?
Maybe I’m wrong.

[quote=“amos”]Not all teaching is illegal and my take of article 45 is different to your interpretation. It reads “Anyone shall not introduce foreign persons on behalf of third party that violates laws and regulations”, the penalty for such is set forth in article 64. Now doesn’t that mean that you can no longer be sub let out like you could as of October or so last year?
Maybe I’m wrong.[/quote]

The bit in bold will never be defined in Taiwan. This is a law that says it’s illegal to break the law. Very useful.

Hey, those who signed contracts with kindergartens before October last year are allowed to finish their contracts. So, not all of them are illegal.

Oh, I am sure that there will be more than a few pissed off teachers hunting for the head of skeptic yank if anything does happen. I wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of some people. Not me, I am a nice guy, I’d hurt a fly but not a yank.

hunt me down. i didn’t make it illegal to teach kindergarden. it is my specialty and now i cannot practice my trade.

however, if the money at tealit and eslcafe squeaked to taiwan the plight of foreign kindergarden teachers would be heard from the business sector.

taiwan deports people for kindergarten teaching but allows the newspress and the websites to make money off advertisers who place ads for kindergarden teachers?

Government kow-towing to businesses is a common thing in TW because a lot of the times the legislators are the businessmen themselves. What better way to make the government serve you and screw the average joe than being the government yourself!