Don't Drink Bullwild (Manniu )

I’m sure the culprit is interested in the extortion aspect. He’s set a precedent - he could now go to other companies and say “pay up, or else!” Initial losses to Paolyta, the company that makes Manniu, are already 30 million NT dollars. In Taiwan, a lot of people will pay extortionists, blackmailers and kidnappers, because they don’t trust the cops to be effective.

I think Battery’s point is that why keep bottles on stock with a “Poison” label instead of just removing the poisoned bottles from the shelves? It is pretty strange.

[quote=“Battery9”]Hi, did you guys see that someone poisoned some Bullwild energy drinks?
They even put a note on the bottles warning people not to drink it because it is poisoned.

I wonder why? I get the poisoning part…but why the warning?[/quote]
so hang on, the’ve got teams of people running around putting notes on bottles telling people that the very same bottle might be poisoned and not to drink it? Or are they putting these notes on at the factory right after filling them? :loco:

Sounds like BS to me, no-one puts notes on bottles - you friggen dump them.

no, the guy who poisoned the stuff also put labels saying “poisoned–please don’t drink” with a skull and crossbones on them before returning them to the shelves. utterly insane. i guess they weren’t quite conspicuous enough.

oh ok, in that case then the warning would (as has) done more damage that actually poisoning the bottles. Terror ist.

not to be argumentative but i really think the poisoning has done the damage.

what is the warning?

i would say it is a manifestation of the poisoner’s underlying insanity. a struggle within. a shred of human decency poking to the surface before sinking, choking beneath the waves of hatred.

of course it could be a precurser to a plan b, where only the labels and not the poison is needed to achieve the goal of extortion. but i doubt it.

Reminds me of the Tylenol poisonings in the early 80s.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/w/x/wxk116/tylenol/

In that case, the mass murderer responsible never made any money from it.

What’s interesting to me is that once the initial poisoning has been carried out, neither the labels nor the poison are really necessary are they? Any petty extortionist who now wants to cash in can give it a shot, and the original poisoner will have to get in line with all the fakes if he wants to get any money out of the deal.

That’s ended up happening in the Tylenol case as well. Some random loser (not the murderer) decided that he could get some money out of Johnson & Johnson. Fortunately this guy he wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, and ended up getting caught.

[quote=“Hobbes”]Some random loser (not the murderer) decided that he could get some money out of Johnson & Johnson. Fortunately this guy he wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, and ended up getting caught.[/quote]Neither is our poisoner, seeing as he was filmed putting the bottles on the shelf.

You know, I kind of wish he’d decided to poison some betelnut instead. Would be of greater benefit to society…

Watch this space. Soon.

I posted my original post in "living in Taiwan’…didn’t know we already had a thread.

There was only a couple of bottles involved, and this guy (I’m watching him on TV now) just went into shops and placed them there. He hid the bottles in his pocket.

That company is dead now. I mean , remember how everyone stopped drinking SARSIPARILLA just because it sounded like SARS? I meant that I get the poisoning part…some people like killing others. But putting warnings on them…and people actually BUYING it with a huge white label saying ‘Dont drink me, I’m poisoned’ …thats weird.

Police have apparently ID’d the guy as a Mr Ch-n, from the Taichung area. His reasons might be:

1. money: he wants to blackmail the firm (but no blackmail reported)

2. revenge: he used to work there and got fired, he went postal, as they say in the states, and wanted to get revenge on his former employer, come what may, so he didn’t care about security cameras on him

2.5 revenge part II, his brother died of liver failure after drinking too much Bullwild (see below post tomorrow)

1. insane: just a wanna be mental patient

2. jilted by girlfriend, wanted national star attention get her back

I VOTE FOR #2.5

This post is poisoned, do not read it.

Now, they say it might be revenge because the guy’s brother apparently died from drinking too much Bullwild last year, liver failure. So revenge it might be. Take no enemies!

Some papers are now saying that cops have questioned a chap named Mr Wu in connection with the Manniu caper and that he is believed to be someone who did the deed to show his anger at Chen Shui-bian and the country of Taiwan, and the downward economy and unemployment and stock market losses. So he was acting out against the govt. Case closed.

Just like the guy in Tainan who shot Chen and Lu on Election Eve last year, also disgruntled citizen, angry at country losing power.