Don't mess with Putin

He’s certainly more of a realist than most any politician in the States. You never see this kind of candor:
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100724/ts_ … pies_putin

[quote][Regarding the recent spy scandal]Putin said those who betrayed their compatriots would end up paying a heavy price but side stepped questions when asked if Russia planned revenge.

“This (spy scandal) came as a result of betrayal. They (the betrayers) end up taking to drink or drugs,” he said.

But when asked if Russia was planning to take revenge, he said: "It is incorrect to ask about it. The special services live under their own laws and everyone knows what these laws are."[/quote]

I think someone better find a nice quiet place to hide the rest of their lives.

he’s ex-KGB, I am sure they have some kind of code, not unlike the mafia, and those who violate it know the score.

this is some heavy ASSuming on my part, but the world is a lot cooler if we think of spies in this manner.

What, like in Get Smart?

Talking on their shoes? Driving snazzy cars and drinking martinis? Most spies have very ordinary jobs, I am sure. Heck, most of them would probably describe themselves as office workers.

[quote=“urodacus”]What, like in Get Smart?

Talking on their shoes? Driving snazzy cars and drinking martinis? Most spies have very ordinary jobs, I am sure. Heck, most of them would probably describe themselves as office workers.[/quote]
:laughing: Yeah like in that Arnold movie with Jamie Lee Curtis.

I admire Putin. Little wonder there hasn’t been a 9/11 in Russia. Unlike the U.S., he doesn’t have any need to be seen as nice or to be “liked”. That’s a strength. Obama is a joke and a weakling, and the world leaders he tries to cozy up to are probably laughing behind his back. Putin may be our last hope for the survival of Western Culture.

Terrorist Attacks on Russia

because the nationalist movement he is the figurehead and inspiration for will continue their xenophobic violence, intimidation, murder and displacement of anybody not white and ethnically Russian and orthodox Christian?

Nice one. Let’s support another fascist in their eradication of the outsider.

because the nationalist movement he is the figurehead and inspiration for will continue their xenophobic violence, intimidation, murder and displacement of anybody not white and ethnically Russian and orthodox Christian?

Nice one. Let’s support another fascist in their eradication of the outsider.[/quote]

I’m not disagreeing with you. Putin is no Ghandi. But I have no fears that Putin’s citizens will be living under Sharia law in our lifetimes. I can’t say the same about Europe or Canada.

poutine > Putin

I’d sit down to a nice meal of Poutine with Putin. Grease and gravy absorb a lot of vodka. :lick:

The fiend behind the fiend behind the fiend. There’s always another layer under the next onion layer. Trouble is, takes too many tears to arrive at the innermost.

I’m surprised it hasn’t come up earlier, but Putin also holds a black belt in judo. Youtube has many videos. He’s got nice technique, too. He’s not very explosive but that’s a problem that comes with age and he’s 10 years older than me, so I can relate to this.

:thumbsup:

I would NOT want to mess with him – personally or geopolitically. :slight_smile:

Don’t be putting down Putin or you might be Russian to judgement.

Surely we’re Finnish with all that?