Double Eyelids (aka my wife is driving me nuts)

if it’s any consolation, my sister’s baby pics, you can see she has single-lid. Now, she has double-eyelid naturally. Perhaps something happens at puberty. Tell that to your wife.

I also know plenty of people who have gone under the knife, but that should be the daughter’s choice. I’d hate to think that a mom would force that on a child.

Personally, I don’t think it’s a big deal; there’s actual real health issues I’d be actually concerned about when having a baby.

But congrats Bassman. That’s wonderful news.

I would posit that it’s quite pointless worrying about the eyelids without seeing where the cheekbones are going to go. A newborn’s facial features are quite temporary, and it’s a trifle ludicrous to focus on one small element, until the skull, muscles & resulting facial structure have taken on their definitive shapes.
A child’s face has many phases.
Shape-shifters, they are…

My daughter has single lid eyes and I think she looks quite exotic and stunning with her beautiful asian eyes and curly auburn hair.

She’s a beautiful little baby! Congratulations!

I still don’t understand the fascination with the creases. I’ve been told I have beautiful eyes here (“they’re so big”) but as a kid people used to call me “Bug Eye”. :laughing:

Have you ever seen children (and adults) who don’t really have features that the world would consider “beautiful” but who are such happy people that they are Beautiful? I like to think that’s what makes my own children beautiful :slight_smile:

[quote=“sulavaca”]She’s beautiful. And she seems to have all the right bits. What more do you need?
“surgery”??? Utter Madness!

I see all sorts of girls fiddling with those stickers they can cut to shape to wedge in between their eyelids, forcing a fold to occur. Apparently over years of time the forced fold becomes permanent, and then they look more…errr…hmm…wrinkled!?

I don’t get it.[/quote]

I’ve been wondering what the deal with that tape was for the longest time! :s Man, it looks so weird…
Thanks for the explanation. :rainbow:

I didn’t even know of such a thing until about 3 months after I came to Taiwan and a Japanese girl in my Chinese class said something about double eyelids. I at first thought they were talking about some kind of deformity… Really, I had know idea and even though my son, half TW is now 7 and a half, I have never even thought to see if he has double eyelids until now, but maybe with my ignorance, it isn’t cool for boys to have them…

Double eyelids are out. This year triples are in. I once saw a kid with quad eyelids; sure, he looks like a freak by today’s standards, but one day everyone will want them and he’ll be a god.

What’s the big deal with the doubles anyway? 80% of the population have to wear glasses.

But they look so much sexier when they undress their eyes.

**** SHUANG-WATCH 2008 ****

Well after 2 months one eye has developed the double eyelid and it’s there permanently… I guess the other one will follow soon.

It’s good having a happy wife for sure :smiley:

haha, I have never heard of this before. I am having a little half Taiwanese girl in about 2 months, it will be interesting to see if she develops double eyelids.

[quote=“Bassment Productions”]Lol… thanks for the link…

I knew there was a surgery option (hopefully won’t be needed) and it’s always there as backup :slight_smile:

Any parents able to tell me of a similar situation where their kid ‘grew into’ having the ‘crease’ ?

I guess I made it sound worse than it is… she doesn’t go on and on about it… it’s all said in a kind of joking way but it would be nice to be able to reassure her that her baby will have more eyelids than all her friends’ babies in time :smiley:[/quote]

Just ask her if you really are the father hehehehehehe People used to ask me if I was the father as the lad looked " too Chinese "

My son grew up fine as he was. Double eyelids not that you could see when he was only just born. Pics at around 5 months, 2 years old, 5 years old, and 18 years old, no double eyelid.

I can express my feelings for this issue in one word: MORONIC.

Sure… it drove me nuts and her obsession with them still does.

If you look at the actors on tv they pretty much all have them. If they didn’t originally they do now through surgery

And a waste of resources. isn’t it Climate altering, if millions of women (and god forbid, men) use a pair of plastic strips, each day , every day, for years and years so that they can develop a crease?

With a baby, it is too soon to tell what their eyelids and eye shape will be. Even with white babies, especially if they have very big, round eyes, you can’t always tell they have ‘double eyelids’, but they invariably do when they’re older. When I was a child, some kids made fun of me because of my ‘heavy’ eyelids - i.e., evidently, the fold was too pronounced for white people, and subsequently I thought it looked weird too - only to get to Taiwan and have my eyes be about the only feature ever praised

Wow… I can’t believe people care so much about this.

minutes after birth, having our newborn the first time at her breast, my wife whispered to me “he’s got single lid eyes”. Before I could process the information the nurse jumped in “no worries - the double lid usually comes some days after birth”.
So it happened and the world stopped shaking and birds started to sing again.