Double Standards: Muslim-Arab vs West-Jewish World (2)

Well hate to be the one to burst ole Ernie’s bubble but the French and Germans are NOT going to be supplying any troops. They have trouble sending a few hundred to Afghanistan. What makes you think that they are going to cough up 100K? Ridiculous. Second, the UN ran at the first bombing last August. They are not coming back in to restore security. They are going to wait until security is restored before coming back in so that makes them useful how? Ditto for troops from other nations like Pakistan, India and Morocco. No one will send troops as long as the security situation is bad. As always, the US with Britain must handle this on our own. We shall and will and who knows but we may succeed, but it should seriously give us thought about what exactly we need allies for. This is not just about disagreement but inability. Where are the troops and funds that France and Germany will give us? Hmmm? And in all fairness, they never wanted to be part of this so why ask them? But … in the future, say should the Ukraine melt down, we might want to take a few weeks to think about things and go to the UN before we offer either of them any assistance. If you get my drift… That’s what friends are for…

The England cow? You mean the one acting on her own volition? :noway:
The one who may have had a chance at an upstanding life had it not been for your dirty filthy OIL war? More Re PUBE lican scapegoating…It’s really become a trademark, hasn’t it?

Come on Dubya, let’s do the twist.
Come on Rummy, let’s do the twist.
Take me by my dirty hand, and go like this
Ee-oh twist Bushco twist
Oooh-yeah just like this
Come on little Dick, and do the twist

Dear Alien:

Let’s play a simple game. I know you will like this because:

a. it is a game. What fun!
and
b. it is simple.

Is killing wrong? What kind of killing is most wrong? Are more killings worse than fewer killings?

Where do women have the most rights? Where do women have the fewest rights? Which countries should therefore be protested against most strongly?

Where do children have the least opportunity to get a good education? Where do they have the most opportunities? Hence, which nations should be of greatest concern?

Where are rights protected most? least? Where is torture most prevalent? least prevalent? Where is rule of law most entrenched? least entrenched?

So like the UN and other organizations, it would be very easy for you to draw up say a rating and give certain nations or societies a higher ranking while a lower ranking is given others, right?

Then, where in this do the United States, Europe, East Asia and Israel appear? Where do Muslim and Arab nations appear?

What accounts for the discrepancy? and what should we do about it?

Choice 1: Criticize constructively but put pressure on such societies to advance these rights?

Choice 2: Say we have no right to criticize these nations because this is their culture and religion and we cannot judge?

If choice 2, would this then include stepping up pressure on the top countries in the success list to attack them for individual and sporadic abuses to show what? one’s evenhandedness? hatred for one’s country and society? good will to Arab and Muslim societies?

I am very curious. I just do not see the consistency unless the truth is as I always suspected. You are a racist who does not believe that blacks, Arabs, Muslims and gays are equal and therefore require your protection. Right?

Grr Grr Grr Bring it on Baby!

A slight aside, but does bush like gays?

BB:

Doesn’t matter if Bush LIKES gays because gays in the US have rights as opposed to the Arab and Muslim world where they are jailed, tortured and abused, ironically in a way that would make the abusers well gay.

This is always the big picture that Alien cannot quite get her little mind around. Bush may vote against gay marriage and may not even like gays but this country has rights that protect people regardless of any views of the president. So… we have a better system if you support gay rights. Compared with what happens in the Middle East, the US is a gay paradise. Just ask Alien.

Here’s NY Mayor Giuliani’s statement on the whole 911 business and I think that it is a good point that many pointing fingers today would be well to think over.

May 20, 2004 – Rudy Giuliani yesterday delivered a passionate defense of the city’s response to the World Trade Center attacks - and denounced finger-pointing by members of the 9/11 commission.
“We have to channel our anger,” the former mayor calmly told the panel as it wound up two days of hearings in Manhattan. "Our enemy is not each other, but the terrorists who attacked us."
He added, “Blame should be directed at one source and one source alone: the terrorists who killed our loved ones.”

Giuliani’s stirring defense of the top city emergency officials came a day after commission member John Lehman blasted ex-Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik and ex-FDNY boss Thomas Von Essen for the handling of the attacks as “not worthy of the Boy Scouts” and “scandalous.”

After his riveting testimony, Giuliani told reporters he had been “upset” by Lehman’s over-the-top remark and said “it probably would be a good idea” if the commissioner apologized.

“I wish language like that were excluded. I think people get overly emotional and they get carried away,” he said.

Lehman refused to say he was sorry and insisted his remarks were misunderstood.

Dear Me:

Look at what the Vatican has to say about our Muslim friends…

The Vatican last week took special note of the inferior status of women under Islamic law in its pronouncement that Catholic women should try to avoid marrying Muslims.

The church instruction, which said marriage between Catholics and non-Christians “should be discouraged,” appeared in “The Love of Christ Toward Migrants,” an 80-page booklet issued by the Pontifical Council for the Care of Migrants and Itinerant People.

The Catholic Church has learned from “bitter experience,” the document said, that women "are the least protected member of the Muslim family.

and that small boys are the least protected members of the catholic church

Where would you rather take your chances BB:

In a Catholic family or a Muslim one. After all, many Muslim males get their first sexual experiences with their younger brothers. Think about that while you are face down pointing East.

[quote=“Alien”]
They’re not? Who are all those people in Guantanamo?
And what do you mean by ‘aggressive’ exactlly?
Spell it out for me. I’m a woman.

:bluemad:[/quote]

Want them living next door to you? If you have so much sympathy for Muslims, I suggest you come to a Muslim country and “strut your stuff”… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why do you care? Looking for a date?

BF

you do know that ‘Muslim’ countries arn’t the only places with large Muslim populations, right?

As a presidential advisor, can you get me a date with dubuya? Whilst not gay myself I can still think of a couple of things I’d like to shove up his ass.

[quote=“butcher boy”]BF

you do know that ‘Muslim’ countries arn’t the only places with large Muslim populations, right?[/quote]

Large and Majority are 2 different things, monkeyboy. :unamused:

I don’t know him too well but I’ve been to his house a couple of times. His phone number is 202-456-1414 and his address is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500. Why don’t you drop by for a visit and tell us how your attempt at anal probing goes. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bet this does not pass the Politically Correct muster… More from the Religion of “Peace”

You probably thought Nick Berg was slaughtered by Islamic militants, didn’t you?

Just because, in an Arab country teeming with jihadists who target Americans every day, an American got butchered by hooded assassins who read a proclamation of grievances, laced with allusions to Islam, in Arabic, before hacking his head off while his shrieking agony was drowned out by that now-familiar soundtrack of atrocity, the Allahu akbar (“God is great!”) chant, you probably rushed to judgment, right? Just because the barbarians recorded their handiwork and the tape, voila, instantly ended up on a website that reliably promotes militant Islam, which bragged that the decapitation was executed by none other than Abu Musab Zarqawi

Don’t these fuckwits have any shame?

Diplomats say the Arab leaders will not call for the immediate withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq or add any substance to the Middle East proposal they made in 2002, when they offered peace and normal relations in return for Israel’s withdrawal to the borders that existed before the 1967 war.
An Arab diplomat said the summit would criticize the "immoral and inhumane practices and crimes of the coalition forces" in Iraq and call for the trial of all those responsible, not just the U.S. guards at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad.
“The resolution says the occupation should end as soon as possible, and that the United Nations should have a role that is central and effective in rebuilding institutions,” he added.
Arab diplomats say the summit will endorse democracy and human rights, but activists say that without a timetable or a plan of action, their promises could turn out to be empty.

In stark and emotional language, Deputy Prime Minister Yosef Lapid, . . . a Holocaust survivor, told Israeli radio that . . .

“On TV I saw an old woman rummaging through the ruins of her house looking for her medication, and it reminded me of my grandmother who was thrown out of her house during the Shoah,” or Holocaust. . .

“This makes me sick.”

"The destruction of homes must stop because it is inhuman, un-Jewish . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49787-2004May23.html

spook,

I agree. Destroying homes is terrible. Almost as terrible as homicide bombings in crowded busses and markets.

And in other news:

MADONNA has axed three gigs in Israel — after terrorists threatened to kill her and her kids.

But WHY are the houses being destroyed? Is this just a case of Israeli troops and barbarity. The Palestinians long ago learned the Western media game and they get all the wailing women and shrieking children out in full force whenever the cameras are ready. Bullshit. These houses were involved in tunneling to Egypt to smuggle in weapons.

It is like the “wedding” three hundred miles out in the desert that the Americans just took out, killing lots of women and children as the video shows. But the video was made in Ramadi hundreds of miles away from said incident. But does the media “report” this. No. Just the outrageous story and perhaps a small one line retraction on page 12, but the damage is done. Everyone now “believes” that it is true.

I think that this is why there is such a backlash against the traditional forms of media. Now, Bush’s numbers barely budge when the latest “atrocity” is revealed or the latest “setback” in Iraq is reported. No one buys these chicken littles anymore and their credibility is shot.

Tigerman wrote:

Tigerman,
This is comparing apples and oranges. Perhaps you need a rest - you may have worn yourself out wrestling with Closet Queen. :wink:

[quote=“almas john”]Tigerman,
This is comparing apples and oranges.[/quote]

Indeed. That’s part of my point. Just providing a measure of perspective.

Oh, please!