Double Taxation

Has anyone recently has any experience of Double Taxation while filing a tax return.

I originally came here last March as a software engineer. I spent 4 months here working for a UK based company. I liked it here and fancied a break from software engineering so I came back to teach English. It seems that although I only returned to Taipei last October, I may be liable for taxes on my earnings in the UK for the whole of 2002.

Has anyone out there had a similar experience and able to offer advice?

Nathan :frowning:

Taiwan and the UK signed a double taxation agreement at the end of last year. You can find information at:

Depends very much on the country you come from and where you work (abroad).

Usually you must work more than 182 days abroad to receive tax benefits (abroad) or be exempted from your home country.