Double Ten celebrations 2020

The theme of this year’s Double Ten celebrations will be “2020 Proud of Taiwan.”

Also from October 6th to 10th there is a projection mapping show at the presidential office building

• 日期:10/06(二)-10/10(六)
  • 時間:每天6場次,場次如下:19:00,19:30、20:00、20:30、21:00、21:30
  • 光雕展演長度:約8分鐘

sources:

1 Like

Did you see the low flying F-16s over Taipei this morning? Two passes so far (did you see more?)

Someone tell me this is in preparation for the celebration this weekend

2 Likes

I hope one day Taiwan gets its own birthday.

3 Likes

there are some videos about the F-16 flying over the presidential office building , as well AT-3

空軍的五架F-16V戰機以大雁編隊隊形通過總統府上空,戰機的巨大引擎聲響,場面相當震撼。 圖:張良一/攝

source:

1 Like

Rehearsals, should be another one on Thursday.

I wonder what would be the date and the event you would hang it on. Top of my head I don’t know of any Taiwan specific event apart from 2/28 of course. Chiang Ching-kuo’s death?

I’m hoping for a new republic or change of the constitution.

But I guess if it had to be now, the election of President Lee through democratic process.

This year Firework show (國慶焰火) is in Tainan , last year fireworks was in Pingtong

The location map

2020國慶焰火宣傳影片

Source:
https://20201010.tainan.gov.tw/

1 Like

Is that part of the celebrations?

And I thought for a moment maybe war has started when hearing the planes…:man_facepalming:

Helicopters came straight over my house about 6 AM, Chinooks I think, pretty loud.

Last week’s rehearsal certainly frayed a few nerves.

But if you see them choppers carrying an ROC flag, all izz well.

1 Like

Two kinds. The Black Hawks and other troop transport.

1 Like

Can’t beat 'em? Hijack the existing holiday!

1 Like
1 Like

So much resilience!

1 Like

Finally saw them Chinooks on the trial flight, carrying the giant ROC flags. :happyrunningaround:

1 Like

This poster is next level tacky. The design is anything but proud. More like embarrassing.

3 Likes

this happens when the client thinks he/she knows best,
maybe the designer gave them many options of poster design , but the client just wanted something that looks “out of space, modern and in the clouds”

however the Projection Mapping show looks great

1 Like

Truly hideous. That thing makes my eyes cry out in pain.