Double Ten Day: Where to go?

I was talking to someone today who was telling me that the military parade is early in the morning (6:30 AM) at the Presidential office. Is the parade worth getting up really early to see it. If not is there anything else to do, any fireworks, etc.?

The big fireworks will be in Taichung.

I like the parade for the…human element.

There will be not only military taking part in the event. Most of the parade is composed by art groups and cheerleader squads, school marching bands, floats and performances.

The coolest part is the jet flyby and the flag hoisted by the helicopters.

1 Like

When should I get there?

Were there any practice helicopters and airplanes around Taipei this week? I didn’t see or hear any and didn’t notice it in the news TV.

They will usually be out for practice runs before the 10/10 event at the presidential office.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed any, I live in Muzha.

They were cancelled because of the typhoon.

1 Like

Due to security measures, I’d say 7 ish, 8 ish. Travel light, bring ID, don’t bring water bottles, get off at CKS station, follow the crowd.

1 Like

Will they not let me in if I arrive too late?

I’m a little late to the game here, but no. I live close enough to songshan airport that I have become used to the ten ten practice noise. Was woken up at 5:53 a.m. about a week ago to the sound of something breaking the sound barrier. Then the typhoon was on its way and there was nothing all week, thank god for my sleep schedule. Watched a helicopter land a TW flag at TSA this morning though. They must have just skipped practicing this year.

1 Like