Dr. Eye with English XP SP2

Is anyone using Dr. with English XP SP2…Ihave XP Pro, by the way.
After installing Dr. Eye, I get the Dr. Eye menu bar, and can open the dictionary, but can’t enter any text. The instant translation doesn’t work, nor does anything else.

There are 3 updates on the Dr. Eye website (dreye.com/tw/) that are supposed to take care of the problems with SP2, but maybe that’s just for the Chinese version. I downloaded them & ran them anyway… 1st ran ok; 2nd says sthg like you don’t need because Dr. Eye is not installed; 3rd ok.

I called the phone # listed on the website, and the guy wasn’t sure. He didn’t think that you could find Dr. Eye for English systems in stores, but suggested going to pchome.com and buying a version there. But I didn’t see anything that looked like a version for English systems there.

If there’s another thread on this, pls. let me know. Idid a search on “Dr. Eye” and got no hits.

There’s a version specifically for English systems? I’ve got a copy of the Chinese one running on an English-language XP system and it works fine…

I’m not sure if there IS an English version. I went to Tsan Keun & the guy there said that he thought that there was an English version… I called Dr. Eye the next day and told the guy that I was using English XP; he said that they don

Nope, not using SP2. I have had issues with the instant translation working, but I use Firefox and OpenOffice rather than IE and Word, which I figure is probably doing it. Never use the dictionary either - I just use the cut-and-paste machine translation once in a while and the input bit.

[quote]The version that I was trying to install is Dr. Eye 6.0.
[/quote]

Every store that I have gone to has told me that Dr. Eye 6.0 can only be installed on a Chinese OS. I’m not sure how Tetsuo is doing it. :ponder:

They obviously have no idea what they’re talking about. I’m using Dr. Eye 6.0 myself.

And not only that, the Instant Translation works fine under IE, and the dictionary has no problem at all (except for not displaying the Chinese on the tabs properly.)

EDIT: See -

A buddy of mine is using Dr. Eye 6.0 on XP Home… He did mention something about installing Dr. Eye before SP2? I’ll ask him tomorrow to make sure.

Any advice on other software with similar functionality?
I guess there’s probably already a topic on that in Learning Chinese…

Re:
<< btw, does most Chinese software install ok on English XP? Vice versa?
What about with Win2000? 98?>>
I started a new topic about that:
[Chinese software on English Windows & vice versa

It’s 12

Verified with my buddy – he and his brother both have XP SP2 and are using Dr. Eye 6.0 without a problem…
I’m wondering if there’s something else interfering… Tetsuo, you mentioned that you are not using IE or Office… I