"Draft being edited in another window"

What’s up with Discourse lately? All kinds of new bugs…and the janky problem is still just as bad as ever.

2 Likes

They keep updating it. Maybe it’s getting a bit over-engineered

1 Like

Turning into American cheese. :open_mouth:

I’ve had this bug for weeks and still today.

Just happened on this reply when I changed cursor positions.

Wish they withhold switch to something more stable, even if there is some functionality lost, which I highly doubt.

I just ignore that, but it starts to become obnoxious.

1 Like

It even happened to me in the site safe mode, so probably not any of our changes. I’ll write a bug report later.

3 Likes

The latest update included this change. Applying my well-known powers of deduction, I have concluded that this could be causing the problem. I’ll post it all over there later

3 Likes

Discourse says they fixed this; it should be resolved at our next update.

5 Likes

that’s janktastic!

lol, happened to me in the space of writing two words

2 Likes

Does that include fixing the jankily janking jank?

1 Like

No. They know about that and say it’s an unfortunate but unavoidable part of how “infinite scrolling” works essentially.

That’s strange.
We had infinite scrolling before without any issues. What changed?

I’m not sure we have really.

So then what do we pay you for???

1 Like

You mean a piece of shit fake version of something supposed to be good?

Is this a rhetorical question? :thinking:

Exactly

5 Likes

I don’t know what your view on the topic would be, you being both American and a cow.

Oh thank goodness! I thought it was just me or my computer or my iPhone. I have had this issue for the last few days. And The last time it happened was right now whilst composing this message!

I’d love to upload a screenshot, but of course I am unable to do that as well. No more uploading of pictures from my iPhone. Wonderful.

1 Like

You sure about that? I posted in that thread that I took a step to resolve it, but you may not have seen it.

1 Like