Dragonball/Dragonball Z in Chinese

I’m looking for copies of Dragonball and Dragonball Z with Mandarin audio and Mandarin subs. I know where I can get DVDs with Japanese audio. This does not interest me, as I’m not studying Japanese.

The most I get is the 1 30-minute Dragonball Z episode everyday at 5:30 on the 中文台 channel. I’ve seen the whole series in English, now I’d like to watch them all in Chinese.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to where I can purchase, rent or ahem otherwise acquire these DVDs/videos?

Thanks.

[quote=“MPenguin”]I’m looking for copies of Dragonball and Dragonball Z with Mandarin audio and Mandarin subs. I know where I can get DVDs with Japanese audio. This does not interest me, as I’m not studying Japanese.

The most I get is the 1 30-minute Dragonball Z episode everyday at 5:30 on the 中文台 channel. I’ve seen the whole series in English, now I’d like to watch them all in Chinese.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to where I can purchase, rent or ahem otherwise acquire these DVDs/videos?

Thanks.[/quote]

If you can get to Taipei, you could either buy the DVD set in almost any music/DVD store, there are always Dragonball Z episodes in the cartoon sections. I’ve seen it at Eslite bookstore’s dvd/music shop, Rose (a CD store also has it), if you go to Taipei city mall ~ under Taipei main station dozens of DVD stores have it. Basically… if you can get yourself to a DVD store in Taipei ~ just have a look in the cartoon section.

You must be thrilled to know that a live action movie is coming out (cough cough)…

This is making me squirm.

The “live actors” movie will open soon. :discodance:

Thanks.

I’m not interested in the live-action movie. Looks horrible.

I was in Zhongli this weekend and searched around. All I could find was Dragonball GT parts 1 & 2, the first 64 episodes. No Dragonball or Dragonball Z.

I’ll be up in Taipei in 2 weeks, however, so I’ll give it a shot then. Thanks.

[quote=“MPenguin”]Thanks.

I’m not interested in the live-action movie. Looks horrible.

I was in Zhongli this weekend and searched around. All I could find was Dragonball GT parts 1 & 2, the first 64 episodes. No Dragonball or Dragonball Z.

I’ll be up in Taipei in 2 weeks, however, so I’ll give it a shot then. Thanks.[/quote]

Well, it was horrible, but Chichi (Jamie Chung, youtube her) is a babe and a half.

Anyway, I also want to find DB and DBV on VCD or DVD… I’m also wondering about a price. I assume it won’t be cheap.

I ended up seeing the movie anyway… and was even more disgusted than I thought I would be, well ~ apart from the few attractive females!

When you’re in Taipei, check out Taipei Main Station’s underground mall (quite a few dvd stores) and also check out the computer market which is somewhere around Zhong-Xia East Rd area, apparently they have a massive selection of dvd stores as well.

At the moment all dvds seem to be fairly cheap, costing around 100 - 200NT. The Dragon Ball dvds should be similarly priced.