Drill. Emergency alert - missiles!

2+2 = 4! And rats are not that beloved.

2 Likes

To be fair, the other thread was not responsibly titled, though eye grabbing. That may be why it has better info so far

True, but I hadnā€™t seen as much ahead of time about this one - just one news article I think? Posters often put up a warning or three in forumosa, but maybe no one bothered this time because the government no longer has the occasionally very frustrating ā€œStop your driving or walking! Stay in place!ā€ policy. (Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t bother; it didnā€™t occur to me thereā€™d be a phone alert.)

Yeah, well the OP wasā€¦well, the OP

Someone should do a Taiwan midnight clock showing how close we are to complete and utter annihilation by the wankers over the road. 1995/6 would be the benchmark, around twenty minutes to midnight for a while there.

Given the current deployment of ships in the South China Sea and this being 2020, Iā€™d say 11:58:59

Jesus. Thatā€™s barely enough time to pack an overnight bag.

In Taiwan, you should have a bug out bag ready at all times.

Add extra water in summer. Tƭa PƔnico has spoken.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not that preparedā€¦ I just prepared important docs if thereā€™s big earthquake.

Iā€™d just go lie down in a ditch somewhere.

1 Like

What do you have in yours?

a pocket-size åÆ«ēœŸ of hairy-chested men for @Icon?

Thatā€™s what Internet is for.

Pocket Kamasutra is a must. Pet food. My passport. Mouthwash. A Rambo knife.

At least you got a quiet warning!

In Ontario now they do amber alerts for missing children by phone, and they sound like air raid sirens, and you get them even when youā€™re in flight mode. :roll: So of course for most people the instinct is shut-the-damn-thing-up, but as soon as you press ā€œOKā€ not only does the noise stop, but the text disappears, and you canā€™t retrieve it, so you donā€™t know what the damn thing was about. :wall:

8 Likes

Missile alert?!?

Guy

1 Like

Itā€™s for real. Missiles in the air.

Hopefully ours? :neutral_face:

Guy

Oh!

You gone tug along your cats? Itā€™s cats in bag than?

Thank you! lmao