Driving from Taipei 101 to Tienmu Costco

Friends who live in Taipei…

Can anyone tell me an easy way to drive from Taipei 101 to the Costco in Tienmu? It is hard to tell on the map with all of those bridges across the river and it took more nearly an hour to make the trip last time. I know it can be done faster than that.

Thanks.

Not driving myself, but have a friend who just drove us back to her house in Tianmu yesterday. Drove from Hsinyi up to Zhonghsiao on Songren, then too a right on Keelong and went straight up on the bridge. I’m guessing that we went on that thing called 天母環東快速道路 or 提頂大道.
Hope that helps

[quote=“ludahai”]Friends who live in Taipei…

Can anyone tell me an easy way to drive from Taipei 101 to the Costco in Tianmu? It is hard to tell on the map with all of those bridges across the river and it took more nearly an hour to make the trip last time. I know it can be done faster than that.

Thanks.[/quote]

First there is no Costco in Tianmu…It’s in Neihu.

First down Sinyi to Keelung Road…Turn right.

Stay in the left lane and go through the underpass.

After two lights they’ll be a bridge going up in front of you…take it, and once you do, merge left toward the Tiding interchange sign.

Once you come back down off the over pass, take the obvious right before the road goes under the freeway.

At the first light, hang a right. The Costco is about 100meters down on your right.

12-15 minutes…tops.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“ludahai”]Friends who live in Taipei…

Can anyone tell me an easy way to drive from Taipei 101 to the Costco in Tianmu? It is hard to tell on the map with all of those bridges across the river and it took more nearly an hour to make the trip last time. I know it can be done faster than that.

Thanks.[/quote]

First there is no Costco in Tianmu…It’s in Neihu.

First down Xinyi to Keelung (Jilong) Road…Turn right.

Stay in the left lane and go through the underpass.

After two lights they’ll be a bridge going up in front of you…take it, and once you do, merge left toward the Tiding interchange sign.

Once you come back down off the over pass, take the obvious right before the road goes under the freeway.

At the first light, hang a right. The Costco is about 100meters down on your right.

12-15 minutes…tops.[/quote]

That’s the way to do it, but just to add, when you are going through the tunnel and getting on to the overpass, follow the signs that say Tiding Blvd or Tiding Interchange. All of the above are correct, just thought the name might be helpful. :wink:

Anyone know how to get there by bus, as I am car-less these days.

From where you are you’d be better off hopping a cab along the #3 to the Xijhr branch. Shouldn’t be more than about 10 minutes from Muzha.

From where you are you’d be better off hopping a cab along the #3 to the Xijhr branch. Shouldn’t be more than about 10 minutes from Muzha.[/quote]

XiJhr better option for sure. When are you going MM as we are due for a trip in the next week or so… you could ride with us. Closer to a 20 minute trip by car (from Muzha that is)

Yeah, I meant the actual freeway drive would be 10 minutes. Not counting getting to the freeway from your house – its 12 minutes on the freeway for us coming from Hsintien (but maybe I just drive faster than you :wink: )

Yeah, and XiJhr is a lot more sane than Neihu on a weekend.

Thanks. I think I got into the wrong lane last time I tried and end up on an expressway that took me almost to Taipei County. Another reminder why I prefer living in Taichung… oh well, until they open a Page One and Costo in Taichung, the quarterly trips to Taipei will be a part of my Taiwan existence.

Again, thanks.

From where you are you’d be better off hopping a cab along the #3 to the Xizhi branch. Shouldn’t be more than about 10 minutes from Muzha.[/quote]

Xizhi better option for sure. When are you going MM as we are due for a trip in the next week or so… you could ride with us. Closer to a 20 minute trip by car (from Muzha that is)[/quote]

Thanks. I only go occassionally for blueberries and nuts and a few things like that. I’ll be up for a trip in a few weeks if the offer still stands. :wink:

If you’re in Muzha, you can catch the 902 bus from near the Muzha MRT station to the Neihu store. You get off at Minquan Daqiao (Minquan big bridge) stop. It’s the first stop when you go over the river into Neihu. It takes a while (an hour in rush hour), but it’s only one bus.

From where you are you’d be better off hopping a cab along the #3 to the Xizhi branch. Shouldn’t be more than about 10 minutes from Muzha.[/quote]

Xizhi better option for sure. When are you going MM as we are due for a trip in the next week or so… you could ride with us. Closer to a 20 minute trip by car (from Muzha that is)[/quote]

Thanks. I only go occassionally for blueberries and nuts and a few things like that. I’ll be up for a trip in a few weeks if the offer still stands. :wink:[/quote]

anytime mate