Dropped out of school in Taiwan, can I apply again

In Feb 2,021 I was admitted to study in taiwan but because of the pandemic. I had to do my semester onlinei missed a lot of classes and was dropped out of school. 8 only studiediin taiwan for less than a year Can I apply again to study in Taiwan

It sounds like you haven’t asked your school yet. Do that and let us know what they tell you.

Also, have you tried applying to another school in Taiwan?

3 Likes

I asked them and the said I can but the moe regulations said I can’t my situation is really confusing. But I have applied to another school abd have been admitted. The issue now is getting my visa and I am also worried if I would be given entry permit.

OK. So you are looking for people who have been in similar situations and are hoping they can give some tips or ideas that worked for them (or were going to try but their own situation got resolved).

I am sorry to be pedantic about this but I expect most of us to look at your query on its face – in other words, we aren’t going to know. Hopefully, someone can answer who either has something meaningful to share or knows of someone who might.

What’s the MOE rule you are mentioning?

You could take a look at the Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan

Article 24

If an international student defers or abandons their studies, or if there is any change to or loss of their student status, their educational institution shall notify the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs, the service center(s) of the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior where their educational institution is located, and send copies of these notifications to the Ministry of Education.

In order to apply for the Visa (Visitor or Resident) then you will need to provide the "admission letter " and also show other documents

However , right now " The visas are to be granted to those studying for a degree and people enrolled in Chinese-language scholarship programs, but not exchange students or those in short-term language classes"

sources:

Yes I know but I am taking about article 4 sec 2 of the regulations. Also I am a degree student