Drug Wars in the USA

Sex parlors for robots? My! those Japanese are so advanced![/quote]hprny robots have been a societal problem in Japan since 2004.
A quiet room, some Devo, a can of WD-40 and happy endings for all.

Yeah, I do favor legalization, control and taxation of ‘drugs.’ I have since the mid-80’s when I finally saw the massive scope of the illegal drug trade.
Its just too big and too powerful to fight by conventional means.
By using this method the power-base could be taken out of the cartels and their associated support system.
The US gov’t has some amazing marihoochie farms in Louisiana and I think also in Mississippi. Give them boys in Ky a run for their money THC wise. Although the gov’t farms stress ‘standardized’ THC content over exploding head pot.
Same for cocaine & heroin. Sell it at a gov’t store.
Use the money to remove the tax on beer & cigars… :sunglasses:[/quote]

Got my vote on that TC!! Run for office. I say get rid of the booze for pot. Then slowly introduce cocaine and crack(opps the CIA already did that in South Central LA) and heroin.

What doesn’t make sense to me is that the gov’ment KNOWS how much money they stand to make from sales and taxes. What’s the hold up on the party is what I would like to ask them in a Congressional session.

[quote=“Namahottie”]
Got my vote on that TC!! Run for office. I say get rid of the booze for pot. Then slowly introduce cocaine and crack(opps the CIA already did that in South Central LA) and heroin. [/quote]Nama -
You are much too intelligent to believe, mush less propagate, that urban myth inspired by the brain-damaged ramblings of Maxine Waters… :blah:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]
Got my vote on that TC!! Run for office. I say get rid of the booze for pot. Then slowly introduce cocaine and crack(opps the CIA already did that in South Central LA) and heroin. [/quote]Nama -
You are much too intelligent to believe, mush less propagate, that urban myth inspired by the brain-damaged ramblings of Maxine Waters… :blah:[/quote]

You know that’s tongue in cheek. Hey Dragonbones, there’s ya new emoticon- I"m being snide

if we had an over the counter THC pill what would it be called? also an acid pill…??

making recreational drugs antisocial is NOT the answer.

[quote] Statewide measures to legalize small amounts of marijuana failed in Colorado (40% to 60%) and Nevada (44% to 56%). South Dakota voters narrowly defeated a medical marijuana initiative (48% to 52%). The South Dakota defeat is especially disappointing because it marks the first time that medical marijuana has lost at the ballot box. (Voters have approved medical marijuana in eight other states).

But there was more luck on the local level:

In California, voters in Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, and Santa Monica approved local measures making marijuana possession the lowest law enforcement priority in their cities. Voters in Missoula, Montana and Eureka Springs, Arkansas approved similar measures.[/quote]

FYI

blog.wired.com/biotech/2006/11/p … pes_u.html

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote] Statewide measures to legalize small amounts of marijuana failed in Colorado (40% to 60%) and Nevada (44% to 56%). South Dakota voters narrowly defeated a medical marijuana initiative (48% to 52%). The South Dakota defeat is especially disappointing because it marks the first time that medical marijuana has lost at the ballot box. (Voters have approved medical marijuana in eight other states).

In California, voters in Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, and Santa Monica approved local measures making marijuana possession the lowest law enforcement priority in their cities. Voters in Missoula, Montana and Eureka Springs, Arkansas approved similar measures.[/quote]

FYI

blog.wired.com/biotech/2006/11/p … pes_u.html[/quote]

Good to see it. Sorry to see it not pass but I rather be asked and be able to decide what I want in my community rather than told…

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote] Statewide measures to legalize small amounts of marijuana failed in Colorado (40% to 60%) and Nevada (44% to 56%). South Dakota voters narrowly defeated a medical marijuana initiative (48% to 52%). The South Dakota defeat is especially disappointing because it marks the first time that medical marijuana has lost at the ballot box. (Voters have approved medical marijuana in eight other states).

FYI

blog.wired.com/biotech/2006/11/p … pes_u.html[/quote]

Good to see that FYI. Sorry to see it not pass but I rather be asked and be able to decide what I want in my community rather than told…

It’s interesting that in the state of Orissa, in India, they have govt shops selling pot and opium that anyone can buy and consume legally (cross the border to the next state and you’re looking at 10 years inside). They have very few drug problems with pot and opium there (illegal amphetamines are another story). The major problem causing drug in Orissa is alcohol.

i can’t understand not legalizing the whole thing, and replacing the harmful drugs with scientific, saf-ER, highs. the US government INVENTED LSD. they oughta at least let people enjoy it or something like it.

Bollocks.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lsd

timothy leary was a company man.

Leary had nothing to do with the “invention” of acid.

They need to give all the kids a big reefer on the way into school and all the teachers a bottle of valium. Next question.

What time is it?

you know, we had a law in louisiana (been undone by a new law thankfully) where they cops could take any amount of cash over 3000US because it MIGHT be drug money. poor guy resisted seizure and the cops shot him.

america is becoming a lock down. i wish some presidential candidate would stand up and say, “yeah i smoked when i was young, but i don’t do that anymore and i don’t encourage it, neither do i want to step on others’ right to get high, so there.”

the whole thing is stupid:
WHY IS IT LEGAL TO GET DRUNK BUT NOT TO GET HIGH???

Ahh, but he did have his head cut off on camera and then cryogenically frozen. Beat that.

Police believed bird shit on the car hood was cocaine. Test kit was false positive! :rofl:

The US used to have a second amendment too, starting early 20th century that right is effectively gone, especially if you fit into an arbitrarily defined list of categories. And now the Democrats wants to make it so if you end up on some secret list, you have no such rights too.

The entire US constitution is under assault and no one cares.

Is Enigma even alive?

No offense. Nice guy. Old school.