Drunk driver drags scooter rider to death - driver caught

What public transportation would that be? The bus and taxi drivers would be the first against the wall :wink:

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]My wife was following the story on the news when it happened. Apparently, they knew the guy was stuck on the front end of the car and repeatedly tried slamming him into something in the hopes of both killing and dislodging him at the same time. Fucking assholes. Someone should attach them to the front of a car and do the same to them.

And I notice how particularly convinced of his innocence the guy looks…rot in hell you bastard.[/quote]

Its cheaper to make sure the victim is dead than to pay medical bills. The rule years ago was that a gravel truck driver should back over anyone he hit to make sure they were dead, FAR cheaper.

The honest reality is that these guys will pay off the police, judges, prosecutors, and victim’s family. And because he is DEAD they will pay less.

Life is worthless here.

[quote=“miltownkid”][quote=“www.sptimes.com”] A Catholic bishop from Arizona runs over a jaywalking pedestrian and drives off.

A drunk Texas woman hits a homeless man, then leaves him embedded in her windshield for two days before dumping him in a park to die.

And in Tampa, an elementary school teacher involved in a crash that killed two brothers waits five days to come forward.

Since that March 31 accident, Tampa Bay area residents have struggled to understand how any driver could leave the scene of a crash in which four children were hit. Experts say most people who flee have something to hide or protect. Others haven’t developed a strong conscience, or they’ve killed it.

[continue here][/quote]

[quote=“www.foxnews.com”]Timeline of Events in the Chante Mallard Windshield Death Case

Oct. 25, 2001 – About 11 p.m., Chante Mallard smokes pot, drinks and takes Ecstasy at a friend’s apartment then goes to a nightclub, where the women keep drinking.

[snip]

June 27, 2003 – Jury sentences Mallard to 50 years in prison for murder and an additional 10 for tampering with evidence. She will serve her sentences concurrently, giving her a total of 50 years in jail. Mallard will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years.

[see full timeline here][/quote][/quote]

The difference is that the consequences in the U.S., Europe, or other civilized culture are substantial. Here, the consequences do NOT fit the crime.

[quote=“acearle”]

[quote=“www.foxnews.com”]Timeline of Events in the Chante Mallard Windshield Death Case

Oct. 25, 2001 – About 11 p.m., Chante Mallard smokes pot, drinks and takes Ecstasy at a friend’s apartment then goes to a nightclub, where the women keep drinking.

[snip]

June 27, 2003 – Jury sentences Mallard to 50 years in prison for murder and an additional 10 for tampering with evidence. She will serve her sentences concurrently, giving her a total of 50 years in jail. Mallard will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years.

The difference is that the consequences in the U.S., Europe, or other civilized culture are substantial. Here, the consequences do NOT fit the crime.[/quote]

25 years for killing a homeless person. More than fits the crime in my opinion. 25 years…in prison…might as well be life. Might as well stick a gun in her mouth. You give me the choice between a bullet in the head or 25 years in prison and I’ll happily accept the bullet. When the punishment doesn’t fit the crime is when someone rapes a child and gets one year…or home arrest. That kind of thing happens a lot.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“acearle”]

[snip]

The difference is that the consequences in the U.S., Europe, or other civilized culture are substantial. Here, the consequences do NOT fit the crime.[/quote]

25 years for killing a homeless person. More than fits the crime in my opinion. 25 years…in prison…might as well be life. Might as well stick a gun in her mouth. You give me the choice between a bullet in the head or 25 years in prison and I’ll happily accept the bullet. When the punishment doesn’t fit the crime is when someone rapes a child and gets one year…or home arrest. That kind of thing happens a lot.[/quote]

So the life of a homeless person is worth less? Wait. I’m confused. That can’t be what you mean (tired) The simple fact is that she intentionally murdered someone. The why is irrelevant. Personally, I prefer life in prison to execution, more cruel (I don’t buy this “no cruel or unusual punishment” crap). I seriously doubt if child rape gets only a year in the U.S., but I haven’t looked in to that since the late 80s when I did some advocacy work in that area (errrm, brain old, memory needs an upgrade).

[quote=“acearle”]

So the life of a homeless person is worth less? Wait. I’m confused. That can’t be what you mean (tired) The simple fact is that she intentionally murdered someone. The why is irrelevant. [/quote]

If I were to kill a stray dog…or kill someone’s pet…say while it’s on its leash. In the eyes of the law and most people…there is a pretty big difference there. Why should it be any different with humans?

I don’t think she intentionally murdered him. She sure as hell didn’t intentionally hit him. She just wounded him…and then failed to get help. Not quite the same as premeditative murder.

Speaking of which…I saw 4 rather large men capturing a stray dog yesterday. You could tell by how roughly they were handling it that they were taking it off to be killed. If they were doing the same to my friend’s dog or my own dog…it would have been quite the different situation.

Don’t they have death squads that drive around shooting anyone on the streets after a certain hour in some countries? And in Africa they are slaughtering people by the hundreds to this day on a regular basis…no one seems to care much…because those people are poor…and don’t live in a 1st world country.

So yes…in the eyes of the world (and not necessarily mine) a homeless life is worth less than one with a home.

So the life of a homeless person is worth less? Wait. I’m confused. That can’t be what you mean (tired) The simple fact is that she intentionally murdered someone. The why is irrelevant. [/quote]

If I were to kill a stray dog…or kill someone’s pet…say while it’s on its leash. In the eyes of the law and most people…there is a pretty big difference there. Why should it be any different with humans?

I don’t think she intentionally murdered him. She sure as hell didn’t intentionally hit him. She just wounded him…and then failed to get help. Not quite the same as premeditative murder.

Speaking of which…I saw 4 rather large men capturing a stray dog yesterday. You could tell by how roughly they were handling it that they were taking it off to be killed. If they were doing the same to my friend’s dog or my own dog…it would have been quite the different situation.

So yes…in the eyes of the world (and not necessarily mine) a homeless life is worth less than one with a home.[/quote]

#1, a dog is not a human. That viewpoint is ludicrous. #2, the woman left him in the windshield for 3 days??

Apples and oranges with the dog/human analogy, won’t wash…

And remember that as a foreigner here, in the eyes of a HELLA lot of locals, YOUR life is then valued at slightly less than that stray dog they were carying off :wink:.

[quote=“acearle”]
#1, a dog is not a human. That viewpoint is ludicrous. #2, the woman left him in the windshield for 3 days??

And remember that as a foreigner here, in the eyes of a HELLA lot of locals, YOUR life is then valued at slightly less than that stray dog they were carying off :wink:. [/quote]

Don’t worry about them not putting value on my life. If I had the choice of saving a dog’s life…or a local’s…or a foreigner’s for that matter…I’d save the dog.

I would save the local since there is too many dog’s drifting the street’s and if I savet the forigner it could be you :laughing:

Ya know what? I changed my mind about this extremely tasteless post. I blame the lack of nicotine.

And remember that as a foreigner here, in the eyes of a HELLA lot of locals, YOUR life is then valued at slightly less than that stray dog they were carying off :wink:. [/quote]

Don’t worry about them not putting value on my life. If I had the choice of saving a dog’s life…or a local’s…or a foreigner’s for that matter…I’d save the dog.[/quote]

Hehe, y’cant be all THAT bad then, errm…me too, I won’t even stop for the scooter accidents anymore, but will keep a dog company as it dies ANY time :wink:.

Better watch out for some of us, we have the reputation of biting AND being rabid :smiley:

Wanna Mild Seven Light? Here 'ya go…ermmm…and, thanks. I like my position as master of the tasteless post :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Forget the Mild Seven Light. Prolong your life with “Long Life Lights”. he he