Drunk driver drags scooter rider to death - driver caught

Saw this in the paper two weeks ago (the day I got banned). A drunk driver hits a scooter. The scooter’s passeger’s jeans get caught in the front of the car…and as he’s being dragged he bangs on the passenger door begging them to stop…they ignore him and continue to drive…until he is dragged to death.

Below is a link to an actual pic of the car. His jeans are still stuck in the front. And you can see his hand prints where he beat against the car…begging for them to stop. That’s the victim’s pic in the corner.
Actual picture of bloodied car (no body): img133.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … 4479hc.jpg

But at least they caught they people that did it. As you can see in the final pic (There is also a pic of the covered dead body…but I’ll leave that out.).

This just goes to show people why I don’t ride my motorbike on a weekend night. Well…rarely.

What is the current status of these 2 murdering shit-birds?

a life sentence would be good, but anything more than 3 pai seis, 4 dwai bu chees, and 2 packs of cigarettes and i’ll be surprised

The last I heard they were each saying the other was driving. I’m sure they’ll get a good stiff talking to.

Ah, the ancient chinese philosophy of ‘close eyes, pretend problem not there, problem go away’!
:loco: :loco: :loco:
Lack of responsibility for one’s actions
Lack of accountability
Refusal to accept being wrong
Yep, that’s Taiwan!!!

Hope they don’t see the light of day again.

I hear you…The kindy bus driver in Chungli back in 91 that fled the scene when his bus caught on fire got only 5 years…21 kids burned to death.

I would expect even less for this case…Disgusting.

How drunk would you have to be? To not only be oblivious to the accident itself, but to have no idea someone is hanging upside down off your front quarter panel?

both should take one in the back of the head for this…It must have been about the most horrific experience imaginable for the victim. :frowning:

My wife was following the story on the news when it happened. Apparently, they knew the guy was stuck on the front end of the car and repeatedly tried slamming him into something in the hopes of both killing and dislodging him at the same time. Fucking assholes. Someone should attach them to the front of a car and do the same to them.

And I notice how particularly convinced of his innocence the guy looks…rot in hell you bastard.

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]
And I notice how particularly convinced of his innocence the guy looks.[/quote]

Try apathy.

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]My wife was following the story on the news when it happened. Apparently, they knew the guy was stuck on the front end of the car and repeatedly tried slamming him into something in the hopes of both killing and dislodging him at the same time. Fucking assholes. Someone should attach them to the front of a car and do the same to them.

And I notice how particularly convinced of his innocence the guy looks…rot in hell you bastard.[/quote]

It says in the paper that he was attached to their car…for 6 kilometers!!! (I think that’s what it says in picture two)

What was the sentence given to those monsters in Texas that dragged a black man to his death behind their car in the late 90’s?

Obviously, the situation is different in that this one is not premeditated. But, still to drive six km dragging a dying man… surely this is enough for life imprisonment in most people’s opinion.

What happens to the cement truck drivers who back over people they hit? Are their sentences also a handful of years?

Bad combination when you have terrible driving skills, low sentences, absent police and a tiered justice system (by this I mean if you are connected, drive a Benz, etc. you get treated differently).

Should be considered premeditated, as the killer(s) are adults and knew that drinking and driving aren’t good combinations and against the law.

Don’t remember the time frame on this, but it was within the past 5 years that this occurred. A woman under the influence hit a homeless guy, and he was embedded in her windshield. She drove home with him in the windshield and parked the car in the garage. She came out to the garage several times and looked in on him before he eventually died. It was in the Washington Post if anyone has a subscription and wants to look it up. It was HORRENDOUS! I remember hoping she’d get the electric chair. How the hell could you NOT call an ambulance???

This unfortunate event in Taiwan is not, unfortunately, unique to Taiwan. However, I expect that this U.S. woman got some serious jail time.

Bodo

[quote=“Bodo”]Don’t remember the time frame on this, but it was within the past 5 years that this occurred. A woman under the influence hit a homeless guy, and he was embedded in her windshield. She drove home with him in the windshield and parked the car in the garage. She came out to the garage several times and looked in on him before he eventually died. It was in the Washington Post if anyone has a subscription and wants to look it up. It was HORRENDOUS! I remember hoping she’d get the electric chair. How the hell could you NOT call an ambulance???

This unfortunate event in Taiwan is not, unfortunately, unique to Taiwan. However, I expect that this U.S. woman got some serious jail time.

Bodo[/quote]

I also suspect that if we could read the article it would mention some type of severe mental illness that she suffered from.

Voilà: Motorist given 50 year-sentence in windshield murder trial

[quote=“www.sptimes.com”] A Catholic bishop from Arizona runs over a jaywalking pedestrian and drives off.

A drunk Texas woman hits a homeless man, then leaves him embedded in her windshield for two days before dumping him in a park to die.

And in Tampa, an elementary school teacher involved in a crash that killed two brothers waits five days to come forward.

Since that March 31 accident, Tampa Bay area residents have struggled to understand how any driver could leave the scene of a crash in which four children were hit. Experts say most people who flee have something to hide or protect. Others haven’t developed a strong conscience, or they’ve killed it.

[continue here][/quote]

[quote=“www.foxnews.com”]Timeline of Events in the Chante Mallard Windshield Death Case

Oct. 25, 2001 – About 11 p.m., Chante Mallard smokes pot, drinks and takes Ecstasy at a friend’s apartment then goes to a nightclub, where the women keep drinking.

[snip]

June 27, 2003 – Jury sentences Mallard to 50 years in prison for murder and an additional 10 for tampering with evidence. She will serve her sentences concurrently, giving her a total of 50 years in jail. Mallard will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years.

[see full timeline here][/quote]

Heh. That was a tad faster than me :slight_smile:

Wow, one thing not clear from that CNN piece is that the woman left the guy stuck in the windshield for three days!

HG

[quote=“Mordeth”]

I also suspect that if we could read the article it would mention some type of severe mental illness that she suffered from.[/quote]

I was close.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“Mordeth”]

I also suspect that if we could read the article it would mention some type of severe mental illness that she suffered from.[/quote]

I was close.[/quote]
Severe mental illness does NOT excuse anyone from murder. If she had been severely mentally ill, she would still need to be locked up for life in a forensic unit at a mental hospital.

Bodo

I think 60% off drivers in Taiwan should not ben driving.

I don’t consider myself to be the best driver in the world and I do take risks that I think is totaly unecesery, but this kind off behaviour don’t shock me here, but it would shock me at home.

Bring in some spanish policemen and 70% off the driving population would nead to use public transport after losing there license and ben beaten up.