Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

Just remember to be careful when crossing the street. :+1:

So this is the last day of the month. Is everyone going to make it?

Definitely making it. I plan on carrying over to Dry February as well, which should be even easier considering the lower number of days.

2 Likes

Maybe the title should be changed to something like “Dry January and Beyond.” Together with “Accountability group” that’s kind of long, though.

1 Like

last drink Christmas Eve, easy peezy through Ash Wednesday, and then on into Lent

2 Likes

Trying dry January has changed my outlook to drinking, non this weekend without trying.
Having social ? beer with friend the Friday coming. Need to get off the habit, have a drink it’s the weekend. :tada: :beers:

1 Like

Yup

1 Like
1 Like

You’ve been waiting 31 days to share that, haven’t you?!

So how was it? Any benefits? I’d be interested in hearing from everyone.

3 Likes

Weight is down to 189lbs. Sleep is great. My body doesn’t need alcohol after a bad day. I’m reading more and writing better. I’m feel my body and mind have come back online.

I’ve felt like I was running to catch up with myself for a few years now.

5 Likes

So I just had two of those fizzy Japanese fruity cocktail drinks in a can. The wife bought them before I told her about Dry January, so I figured I might as well clear out the inventory before starting Dry February. They got me slightly tipsy, which wouldn’t have happened while I had a higher tolerance just a month ago. Not really a pleasant experience, and I felt a little guilty. :sweat_smile:

Haven’t noticed any benefits other than the financial ones. Maybe a very slight feeling of smugness? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

ditto on the much better sleep aspect

2 Likes

:joy:

My damp February is off to a similar start. Taiwan Beer, the wheat beer in the brown bottles, had two in the fridge so had to clear those out: don’t usually drink those, not really a pleasant experience.

Am thinking about tying one on to clear out the scotch and work up a good hangover…

3 Likes

Definitely not recommended. Hope you make the prudent choice here. :grimacing:

It’s an easy way for me to not have a drink for a few days, kinda wish I’d thought of it yesterday

hehe, taiwan beer plus scotch. have fun. clear out your tomorrow as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Uhm, so don’t?

Do you touch flame sometimes too? lol

It was either the first time, or the second. There likely won’t be another…

No deliberately, but when you mess with the fire sometimes you get burned :fire::man_shrugging:

My deliberate hangover didn’t manifest, since you’re curious

1 Like

More concerned than curious, but OK. Your body.

1 Like

Hey now. We’re into February.

How we doing? Who is actually doing dryfeb?

1 Like