Dry or wet lube?

I’m in quandary dry or wet chain lube, I think I prefer wet but dry is better?
Any recommendations for me.
I have tried Puff Dino-dry film lubricant back home I used GT85

The dry and wet are for the conditions. Dry lube is for dry conditions and wet lube is for wet conditions.

You will notice if you have wet lube in the chain on dry days the chain will collect more dirt.

1 Like

Just reminded me to buy oil and degreaser. I’m going with a dry. My last one was some oily wax b.s. that packed the links with schite.

1 Like

Finish Line dry. just add more when raining.

1 Like

I would just recommend dry lube always, but apply it after every other ride. only apply the wet lube when you know you will be riding in the rain. the dry lube is cleaner and wont attract the dirt. it is such a mess to clean off your bike after a ride.

This topic has a very high view to reply ratio, I wonder why :thinking:

5 Likes

I’ve been using the finish line ceramic wax on my TCR for around 500km now. The chain (KMC SL) starts squeaking after around only 50km.

When this bottle is empty, I’m going to switch to the finish line dry, the stuff in the black and red bottle. I used that in the UK on my mountain bike, and never had a squeaky chain.

I also have an old beater bike that gets a lot of km. I use the finish line ceramic wet on that (I purchased it by accident, thinking it was the wax version - Chinese labelling). This stuff works great as a lube, but It leaves the chain very wet and very black, so I don’t want to use it on my nice gold chain.

1 Like

I recently changed my chain and decided to try something new with the Silca Secret Chain blend.

Pros:

• Keeps my chain and my cassette clean!
  • When and if my chain drops, I don’t have to worry about my hands getting dirty!

Cons:

• Still have to use (very expensive) lube
  • All my cassettes have to be spotless clean before transferring them onto the wheels on my bike. Including the trainer!
1 Like

Looks like a good product.
How often does it need to be reapplied, if only doing dry weather rides?

Mechanic friend told me 200km, however, that is up to you to gauge. I previously had to apply lube after 150km of dry conditions. However, that’s mostly because I prefer to have a quiet chain.

1 Like