Due to its aid to the Ukraine the US isn't able to fulfill its obligations to the allies in the APAC

A US naval official has said Washington may fail to provide Australia with nuclear-powered submarines within the specified time. The US official has highlighted overstressed nuclear shipyards and labour constraints that may push the delivery beyond 2030. As per the 2021 AUKUS agreement, the US and the UK had promised to equip Australia with nuclear-powered submarines. However, the latest comments have raised doubts over America’s ability to deliver the nuclear subs intended to counter China. It can be related to the overspending and military assistance to the Ukraine

Can it? I didn’t realize they were donating nuclear submarines :idunno:

1 Like

However the transfer of supplies submarines to Australia can be related with reduction in production capacity in the US. Very large percentage of the labor force of the US military-industrial complex is now used to provide assistance to the Ukraine

Any link? Not seeing anything except stuff that contradicts this outlook.

1 Like

I see it here

I sat through that entire video and Ukraine was mentioned… 0 times

The video specifically says skilled shipbuilding labor is lacking. Nothing to do with Ukraine.

1 Like

Can’t watch it past “A US naval official has said Washington may fail to provide Australia with nuclear-powered submarines within the specified time”. Who? When? There’s no support there and I can’t quickly find any.

Well, I can be wrong. It’s only my thoughts. But it really can be related

Gtfooh with this crap. The video is the OP’s post, word for word on top if bullshit propaganda video.

It’s not your thoughts unless you made the video in India.

The last sentence of the OP, which I called out as highly unlikely, is not in the video, and that is what he is saying is his own

That’s pretty thin,

It’s my own opinion and I have enough right to offer it. The fact is the fact. Supplies is postponed. What is the main reason? You are free to decide

I have no idea if it’s even true. You haven’t offered any sufficient basis to judge.

2 Likes

Yes

The fact is, the video is non-evidence for your opinion. Whatever your opinion is based on, it isn’t observable fact.

Shipbuilding labor, specifically

Massification of higher education and the vilification of the working class comes to mind. The connection you have made between the subs and the Ukraine isn’t thin, it is non-existent

3 Likes

Anyone stopping you?

Not a shred of factual evidence in your assertion.

I simply can’t imagine why, given supply chain delays in everything due to covid.

Read above.

It’s a crap video with zero insight, two steps from misinformation. Am I also free to wonder why this is your confirmation bias? :laughing:

How so? I see essentially no ties here.

I can walk multiple MI production lines for big dollar items. No change. I can imagine things like (some) missile lines being affected. I can’t see how you would extrapolate that generally. It certainly has little effect on development.

Sure. The rub is, you say the two are related. without even attempting to relate them. so it’s like, uh, ok?

:grin: just about every major weapons program experiences delays.

1 Like

Europeans need to pony up.

To pony up for what?

Weapons to Ukraine.

We’re skint.

1 Like