Dumb Vacations

My colleague just returned from 5 days in Tokyo.

“Did you have a good time,” I asked.

“Not really,” he replied. He and his girlfriend went with another couple. Turns out they spent the whole vacation shopping and eating Chinese food.

Duh. :homer:

As for me, I’ve got to take a break in the next month or so. We’re thinking Osaka, Phillipines or Bali – somewhere we can take our shoes off, take our clothes off, jump in the ocean and relax.

I’ve never understood why suburbanites come into the city,in my case Chicago, and stay for a weekend at a hotel? Then proceed to act as if they were in another city.

:doh: oh wait, I’m talking about suburbanites, never mind.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]My colleague just returned from 5 days in Tokyo.

“Did you have a good time,” I asked.

“Not really,” he replied. He and his girlfriend went with another couple. Turns out they spent the whole vacation shopping and eating Chinese food.

Duh. :homer:[/quote]

It’s common for Taiwanese tour groups to go to other countries and eat nothing but Chinese food because the tour operators fear their clients “aren’t used to” the local foods.

Back when I was in Nam… I mean, when I went on a Taiwan-arranged tour to Vietnam years ago, we had to sneak out to eat the local foods! Otherwise, every day it was Chinese, Chinese, Chinese. In Vietnam, of all places!

Well, tour groups to Europe eat … Chinese … all the time, except for breakfast but most hotels do sneak in some ‘Chinese’ stuff … and off course the ‘Wiener’ schnitzel in Austria, the pork leg in Germany and some pasta in Italy or on the list of to try things … and eating with fork and knife is a to do thing for most but ‘Chinese’ food is a must on all days …