Dumbest thing a foreigner has said about Taiwan?

Many Taiwanese wouldn’t care if it simply meant life as usual but a different government name. However they also know that whatever the CCP says is bs and cannot be trusted. CCP will renege on any treaty or agreement, just like they did with HK, and they will make Taiwan a living hell.

2 Likes

Actually a bigger fear I will have is if Taiwan just hands it over to CCP, America attacks Taiwan for “freedom” and bombs Taiwan back to the stone age.

America has a pattern of doing that.

Oh you must be right! That’s why the majority voted for the sovereigntist Tsai over Han with significantly bigger margins and significantly bigger turnout. Yes. Taiwanese care so little they put themselves through this limbo land with daily threats by the PRC for FUN! Let’s just hand the country over and be done with this mess and join the motherland.

:roll: give me a break. I’d call that the dumbest thing I’ve heard by a foreigner but you’re not a foreigner so it doesn’t count.

We had a saying in the computer store.

One upset customer is ten upset customers.

8 Likes

Right, because while I was in the army I asked my sergeant what he would do if China invades (Chen Shui Bien was president at the time).

He said he will frag the CO and defect to PLA.

Can you imagine anyone in the US army saying anything that treasonous?

Sure! One of them defected to North Korea. Charles Jenkins

One person is a terrible sample size.

And you should have reported that sargeant.

2 Likes

Maybe that was a silly answer to a silly question.

3 Likes

:joy:
You can stop worrying because this will never happen. But I may have a new ‘dumbest thing a foreigner has said…’

12 Likes

Do you know how many CCP moles there are in the Taiwanese military?

This sentiment isn’t just one sergeant. This is a sizable majority of military officers, most of whom are die hard KMT party members. China makes a sizable threat and entire brigades will defect over. There is a reason why America won’t give Taiwan F35’s.

Lets not forget most Taiwanese thinks America just charges protection money to Taiwan by selling overpriced military equipment. Equipment that is basically military surplus. Almost every gear I used in the army could be bought in military surplus stores in the US, including firearms.

So I stand by my statement that if China “attacks” Taiwan, the military would just about hand over Taiwan. Then America will come and bomb Taiwan for “freedom”. Just ask Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan…

1 Like

Meanwhile, approved investments from China increased by an annual 29.98 percent to US$126 million in 2020, after Hong Kong-based Garuda International Ltd. and China-invested Nexperia B.V. in the Netherlands pumped NT$1.5 billion and NT$240 million, respectively, into Taiwan’s tech sector, the commission said.

Since Taiwan lifted a ban on Chinese investments in 2009, it has approved US$2.41 billion in funds from China, according to the commission.

As for Taiwan’s investments in China, the approved amount in 2020 totaled US$5.9 billion, up 41.54 percent from a year earlier, the commission said.

Or wanting the USA to go back to the confederacy

1 Like

No, but you seem to know based off one encounter with one person at least 15 years ago.

And you’ve provided no proof.

Proof?

Anecdotal ‘The people I speak to’ is not proof.

1 Like

He’s not a foreigner, it doesn’t count.

Proof that TW military is full of die hard KMT? no need. My dad was a retired colonel in the TW military. He is a die hard KMT member.

So just because your dad is a diehard KMT member, everyone else is? Do you know what anecdotal means?

A diehard KMT member would be foaming at the mouth to shoot commies and take back china.

He is, and so are his compatriots in the army. All of my extended family are KMT as well.

In his days you had to be to get commissioned.

Is that proof?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a majority of junior officers, but senior officers? Maybe- if not a majority , certainly a very sizable minority. Why won’t the US sell F-35s to Taiwan?

If that isn’t proof, what would be? What could be. :roll:

1 Like

Because some of them will likely spill the secrets on them to China.

Americans complaining about the Taiwanese health care system.

7 Likes

If one wishes to kiss some asses, there are some pretty decent choices in that shot.

[ducks for cover]

Guy

2 Likes