Dunkin Donuts gone from MRT stations or ...?

For a few days now Dunkin is closed at Yongning and Fuxing Sogo, today they are breaking out everything … gone from stations or gone from Taiwan?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thankfully gone from Taiwan! It was never anything like Dunkin Doughnuts in the U.S.

Ah that explains why the one in Dapingling has gone. Pity it was my nearest for getting one on the way home for my kid. A wholesale pull out seems odd there must have been some that were making a profit.

Really? I went to Dunkin Donuts at … hmm … MinChuan E Rd(?) just a couple of days ago. Or maybe I’m getting confused with some other donut shop. Or some other MRT.

This morning it was being refitted as another shop. I’m talking about the one near JMart.

There was something on the news about this a few months ago. Basically they said Dunkin Donuts was doing terribly, at least when compared with Mr Dontus, but some kind of manager came on to say that they were NOT leaving Taiwan. I would say that many will probably just close.

Insider told me about legal disputes etc.

They are closing down Taiwan.

I would give a fortune to see Krispy Creme coming over. Best donuts ever !

[quote=“ceevee369”]Insider told me about legal disputes etc.

I would give a fortune to see
[color=#FF0000]Krispy Creme[/color]
coming over. [color=#FF0000]
Best donuts ever!
[/color][/quote]

Oh yeah! I’m with you buddy! But…Taiwan would probably fuck these up, too. Can you imagine a Taro filled Krispy Kreme Donut? How about red beans? Yuck! :no-no:

I would give a fortune to see Krispy Creme coming over. Best donuts ever ![/quote]

I second that. Taiwanese aren’t suppose to like doughnuts that are too sweet so dunkin tried to make them taste like Mr donut, so it seemed. Taiwanese don’t like super sweet, very rich ice cream either right? Cold Stone sure seems to be doing pretty good, and that stuff is too sweet and rich even for my taste. Last time I was in Korea I had some Krispy Kremes and they were just like from home :thumbsup: Best doughnuts I had in about 10 years. It would definitely be nice if Taiwan could get them over here and keep them tasting the same. They might as well bring over an In-N-Out Burger or two while they’re at it

Why you little bastard, I hate you…I hate you! Now…I’m frickin’ hungry and I got no bizness eating at this hour of the night! Stop talking…stop talking yummy fattening…delicious food…Hmmmm…Double double animal style! :roflmao:

Taiwan could also use a Whataburger, too! Ever had one of theirs?

In and out burger? :astonished:

:roflmao: And you know … it would happen, specially for a-ma and a-be who want to try out this new-fangled “donut” thing those bignoses go crazy about.

But yeah, I’m surprised Krispy Kreme isn’t here already. They are VERY sweet, but so are Mr Donut’s - and for some reason I can easily wade through several Krispy Kremes, whereas normally my pancreas starts to protest after the second Mr Donut.

Those “legal troubles” someone mentioned: that wouldn’t perhaps have involved a friendly reminder, just between business associates, as it were, that Taiwan is a very small island, and when it comes to donuts, There Can Be Only One? It all seems very sudden, and I thought their donuts weren’t bad (their coffee and sandwiches, OTOH, are not fit for human consumption).

Sounds like a business name pulled from Idiocracy, doesn’t it? Apparently, though, that is a tasty burger. Never tried it myself.

OMG. Listen, I like an occasional burger and donut but is there any chance Uncle Sam could export anything like … weird I know but … something nutritious (suggest you look up the word in a British English dictionary. They tell me it died out in American English a long time ago). :laughing:

‘OK sheriff, I got us a posse of Forumosans. We’ll hunt that commie Euro-varmint down before nightfall. Well, we will, if we can find any horses can support our fat-asses.’

I would give a fortune to see Krispy Creme coming over. Best donuts ever ![/quote]

Theres a krispy creme factory within five mins drive from me. But they are really too sweet. I can handle ONE, and even then, once in a blue moon.

Dunkin Donuts on the east coast had surprising good coffee. A nice 32 fl. oz iced coffee with cream and a bagel loaded down with like a quarter pound of cream cheese…mmmm

unfortunately none of that awesomeness is available over here. I hate it how they give you a small packet of Philly cream cheese and expect it to be enough.

[quote=“Taiwanlight Zone”]OMG. Listen, I like an occasional burger and donut but is there any chance Uncle Sam could export anything like … weird I know but … something nutritious (suggest you look up the word in a British English dictionary. They tell me it died out in American English a long time ago). :laughing:

‘OK sheriff, I got us a posse of Forumosans. We’ll hunt that commie Euro-varmint down before nightfall. Well, we will, if we can find any horses can support our fat-asses.’[/quote]

So…let me get this straight. You’re holding up British food as the pinnacle of healthy food? Seriously? :loco: And, just to be clear, I’m in no way endorsing American food as healthy, either. It’s not. :laughing:

Who Has The World’s Worst National Cuisine?

TESCO Horse Burgers!!

[quote]

Award-winning investigative food journalist, Joanne Blythman turns her attention to the current hot topic – the state of British food.

What is it about the British and food? We just don’t get it, do we? Britain is notorious worldwide for its bad food and increasingly corpulent population but it’s a habit we just can’t seem to kick.

Welcome to the country where recipe and diet books feature constantly in top 10 bestseller lists but where the average meal takes only eight minutes to prepare and people spend more time watching celebrity chefs cooking on TV than doing any cooking themselves, the country where a dining room table is increasingly becoming an optional item of furniture. Welcome to the nation that is almost pathologically obsessed with the safety and provenance of food but which relies on factory-prepared ready meals for sustenance, eating four times more of them than any other country in Europe, the country that never has its greasy fingers out of a packet of crisps, consuming more than the rest of Europe put together. Welcome to the affluent land where children eat food that is more nutririonally impoverished than their counterparts in South African townships, the country where hospitals can sell fast-food burgers but not home-baked cake, the G8 state where even the Prime Minister refuses to eat broccoli.

Award-winning investigative food journalist Joanna Blythman takes us on an amusing, perceptive and subversive journey through Britain’s contemporary food landscape and traces the roots of our contemporary food troubles in deeply engrained ideas about class, modernity and progress.[/quote]

Healthy alternatives to shitty, unhealthy American cuisine?

Scotch Eggs?

Black Pudding?

Black Pudding on Fried Bread?

Tripe?

Fish and Chips?

Bangers and mash?

Sausage baked in Yorkshire Pudding with gravy?

Shepppards Pie?

It all looks very delicious and I’m sure it is…but, not healthy, right? Am I wrong?

All of the above eaten once a week … easy! Done!

I’ve serious doubts about the health of my recent Chinese class classmates … chips and cheetos and whatever as breakfast, softdrinks, cookies … but then Bill Cosby said as long as it has all foodgroups it’s OK as breakfast … :ponder:

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]All of the above eaten once a week … easy! Done!

I’ve serious doubts about the health of my recent Chinese class classmates … chips and cheetos and whatever as breakfast, softdrinks, cookies … but then Bill Cosby said as long as it has all foodgroups it’s OK as breakfast … :ponder:[/quote]

As a student in MTC I survived on:
Breakfast: 15nt side of the road sandwich, 10 nt Kagome “apple” juice
Snack: 10nt “milk tea” from vending machine, or 10nt “tea drink”.
Lunch: 45nt basement cafeteria “food”, washed down with free “soup” -ie. salt water with algae strips
snack2: bubble milk tea -energizer for homework
Dinner: 25nts steamed -more likely fried- dumplings filled with mystery meat.

When you are young, you can take the pounding. When you are not… the consequences are obvious… Dounuts, please, xiao case!

Yep, I had some great habits when I was a student and part-time teacher. Cans of coke, chocolate bars , smokes, Mr Brown Coffee (the hot one in the incubator in the convenience stores)…shudder.
I don’t touch any of these anymore and I’m still bigger than then, darn getting old (and my lattes).

I think Mr Donut is a lot more interesting than Dunkin.
They all pale in comparison to an Irish bakery and teashop though. Brown bread and butter for me. And whats wrong with black pudding? :slight_smile:

With all these delicious pastry shops in Taipei, Dunkin’ Donuts isn’t even on my radar. I think there was one at Liuzhangli.

Some places offer custard pies for the prices that DD was asking.