Dutch Spies in Taiwan

did anyone read that article tucked away in the back pages of the Liberty Times yesterday, about three Dutch “engineers” who entered Taiwan supposedly on vacation, but proceeded to check out the latest Taiwanese co-ordinated “secret” exercises on the East coast? Spotted close to the field with photographic equipment. Spies for sure…!?! The Dutch, they never give up do they…

What was strange was that apparently they high-tailed it off to Japan for a few days “on holiday”, came back in to Taiwan for more military appreciation acitivites, in the meantime, the local “qing bao” have taken an interest, noted that according to their exit records they haven’t left the island(at least not by legal means) and are now scouring the country looking for these guys…“to clear up matters”…i can’t remember all their names but they all end with “…us”, “marcellus”, “gravellus”…more roman than dutch if you ask me…so if you happen to bump into these guys, they better have their story straight for the cops!!

also it is quite remarkable there has been no mention in the Taiwan english language press about this manhunt…

on a side note i think those guys writing in the Liberty Times sister paper the Tapiei Times are hypocrites anyway…I noticed the article in yesterday’s South China Morning Post by Anthony Lawrence, taking a swipe at Lee Teng Hui saying he is most jealous of Ma Ying Jeou’s recent good fortune…you wouldn’t see him write that way in the TT editorials…

You mean Lawrence Eyton, don’t you?

yes

Anything more about this? Haven’t seen anything in the papers or on TV…

I saw Secret Squirrel and Morroco Mole on the Cartoon Network :wink: Don’t know if they have anything to do with this?

:laughing: Could be, could be… :smiley:

Well the authorities have caught up with one Dutchman by the looks of it on today’s Liberty Times…whether or not he is a spy…well probably not given the sheer brazenness of his actions…

It was on the back page of the China Post on Wednesday

“It’s perfectly legal to do so when abroad” he said. Being Dutch and a planespotter he should have heard of these people