DVD box set SWAP/BORROW AND RETURN

It crossed my mind that lots of us have dvd boxsets of tv shows, movies, documentaries and the like. We don’t want to trade or sell them, but how about a “swap and return?”

So many of us get together for hikings, pubbings, clubbings, Happy Hourses, work, MMA events, and whatnot…why not add a new dimension?

Maybe here, we can start with the asking who’s got what we’d like to see but not buy?

I know the thought of losing or damaging the dvds, or simply not returning them would be a possibility…but…still, I’m willing to give it a shot.

That said, I did NOT get the Band of Brothers DVD boxset for Christmas. :frowning: and I would love to see them all, in order.

jds

BTW, the details of exchange can be done in PMs if you wish privacy…

I had the Band of Brothers box set last Christmas. What have you got that I might be interested in?

So you HAVE BoBrother??

Simpsons 5th year
LOTRings, all three, not box set

Have 1st year of Desparate Housewives (haven’t finished it yet though)
Simpsons 6th year (not finished yet)

I dont have DVD’s but I have some TV shows on my computer. Little Britain season 3 is excellent.

Band of Brothers has been airing on AXN every Friday night; 2 episodes in a row. It’s been going for a while now; think they’re off to Germany tonight. Sorry JD! :blush:

Yes, I know, but I’never seen the whole thing, and always in the wrong order when I do see it. Never seen the beginning or end, and missed several episodes in the middle.

This is a LOOOONG shot, but does anyone have any of the Higlander TV series episodes?

My sister on VHS! maybe on DVD now, but she’s in the states. :frowning:

I am very interested in this sort of thing. Unfortunately, you’ll be hardpressed to reciprocate, but if you have something that might interest me, I am willing to work out a borrow/return with you.

To name a few:

The Office (All episodes)
Nip/Tuck (1&2)
The OC (Don’t laugh)
West Wing (Season 5)
Alias (2&3)

I have more, but I’ll have to amend my list from home.

I will say that I recently rented all the episodes of SAS: Ultimate Force from Blockbuster. Although some of the themes can be stretched beyond the limits of acceptable reality, it remains a very good show. I am not sure if you can buy it here tho.

I am looking for 24 (3) or anything from the Law&Order franchise, especially stuff from the last 4/5 years.

PM me if interested in setting something up.

[quote=“Grubber Kick”]I am very interested in this sort of thing. Unfortunately, you’ll be hardpressed to reciprocate, but if you have something that might interest me, I am willing to work out a borrow/return with you.

To name a few:

The Office (All episodes)
Nip/Tuck (1&2)
The OC (Don’t laugh)
West Wing (Season 5)
Alias (2&3)

I am looking for 24 (3) or anything from the Law&Order franchise, especially stuff from the last 4/5 years.

PM me if interested in setting something up.[/quote]
I also think it is a good idea and worth trying.

Grubber Kick: I’ve got “24 Season 3”.

I haven’t bought much here in Taiwan. Oh, I also have access to “The Thornbirds” (old TV miniseries). Worth watching if you’ve never seen it and are up for some romantic drama.

I’d like to see most anything that I can start at the beginning of (except “The Office”). I’d like to find:

• Six Feet Under Season 4
  • Lost
  • The Sopranos
  • West Wing Season 1
  • Deadwood
  • Carnivale

Question for all:
So, is the proposal that no one can borrow unless they have something to trade? Although anyone is free to do whatever they want, I’m curious what the thoughts are on this. Thanks.