E. Sun Bank wrong atm pin - abroad

I’m traveling in the U.S. right now and stupidly typed the wrong pin number 3 times into an ATM while using my E. Sun debit card. Now I’ve been locked out. I’m going to wait 24 hours before trying again, and I’m hoping that’ll sort it all out. However, if that doesn’t work, does anyone know what I should do? I need that cash, and I obviously can’t walk into an E. Sun bank to sort this out. Are there any international/travel numbers I can call? Or anybody else experience something like this?

This link should help you out

Esun customer service hotline

Yes, you should call Esun. Sounds like somebody on their help desk needs to go in and unlock your account. I doubt the lock on your account will disappear all by itself, so don’t wait to make the call.

There is a toll-free number on the back of the card, for customer service, right?

Taiwan pin and abroad pin are different, Taiwan is 6 digits abroad mostly 4.

It happened to me before. It was with my credit card, not ATM, but I could solve it everything by phone. I suppose your case shouldn’t be too much different.

E-sun asked me if I needed the pin to go abroad, they said it’s different.

Just so anyone else knows who gets into this situation, I called E. Sun and they told me the only way to fix this was come back to Taiwan and go to a branch to show my ARC and debit card. I had a friend who is in Taiwan go to the bank and try to explain to them that would be impossible because I’m in America right now. They basically said too bad. So I’m living off the charity of my family and friends right now and promising I’ll repay them when I get back to Taiwan. So frustrating…

Sorry, I did this with my Cathay bank debit card the first time I left Taiwan on an overseas business trip (not knowing it was a different PIN). Just like you, they made me come to the bank in person.

My USA bank will send a new ATM card to me anywhere in the world express.

Will Taiwan banks do that?

Do pigs fly?

2 Likes

Flying pigs fly!