Earthquakes 2020

1 Like

It probably means you need to eat more fiber…

I guess there was one this morning. I was on public transportation at that time and freaking out about how everyone was in masks (first day back at work after CNY).

Anyone noticed last night?

Yeap. I thought it was just the beer I had.

Everyone busy dodging the new plague, this one went almost unnoticed.

Holy shit! That really startled the crap out of me! North Coast Taiwan, in the Shimen District (石門區) Shook the entire house. Was very short and powerful. It felt like the shockwave from a bomb going off!

Gotta do some checking.

I didn’t feel a thing…that’s a nice photo, though.

1 Like

Nice, sunny day up here.

Nothing in Shulin.
Are you sure it was an earthquake?

Nothing yet on the Central Weather Bureau’s site, but there is often a delay.

I didn’t notice anything in Danshui, and I’m reading on the sofa, so I probably should have noticed. This novel I’m reading about England fearing that the plague afflicting the continent will cross the strait oops I mean channel (hmm, no connection to reality there) isn’t that engrossing!

The entire house shook and startled the shit out of me. Could have been the shock wave from a explosion like a bomb blast. I’ve felt those before, but I heard no actual explosion that would explain it.

No damage to either house. We’re fine. I’d like to say that it was all me, but my wife felt it also, so that’s good for my own self assurances that it actually happened.

1 Like

Ha. I was right. I swear I felt it and no, it’s not scotch o’clock, yet!

The magnitude was only a 2.9, but it was not very deep at merely 2.4km, that’s why it felt like a bomb blast shock wave.

1 Like

That happened to me too, about ten months ago. My wife and I felt the whole house shaking like a “shock wave from a explosion like a bomb blast”, but there was no earthquake.

In unrelated news, my third child will complete one month old this week!

4 Likes

I love good news! Congrats @RickRoll! Pleased to hear it brother!

1 Like

There was too much panic about pandemics. We need to change our focus.

When will the next big earthquake hit Taiwan?

0 voters

Here is footage of 2011 Tōhoku earthquake in Japan:

1 Like

wCBSKIy

2Lq9OvJ

7Rbp1

1 Like

Jesus Christ, that first videos is making me think that flying aids ain’t that bad afterall.

1 Like

Please… one crisis at a time.

2 Likes

It’s a crazy world, eh