Earthquakes 2021

Nothing there in Taipei…

Still nothing…wait…no, that was my stomach.

1 Like

1 Like

I seem to have missed the first one at 15:29 - I think I was outside walking. I just felt the second one at 16:05 though (in Taitung).

No wounded, no dead. 25 nearby residents evacuated to hotels. External wall fell.

Rescue doggie looking for trapped folk.

Huh? I live on the 9th floor of a somewhat old building in Kaohsiung and I felt a weak wobble that lasted ten to twenty seconds. I never would have thought it was a 5.0. I didn’t even pause what I was doing. Felt like it’d barely register as a 3. This confuses me. :neutral_face:

From the TaiwanNews article. "The quake’s intensity registered as a one in Kaohsiung. Officials have yet to determine whether the collapse was caused by the earthquake or not. "

Okay. I saw 5.0 and was confused. The building sounds like a stiff breeze would’ve knocked it over then.

1 Like

It’s a 5 at its epicentre, but gradually weakens the farther you go.

Depth also can determine severity.

Feel that just now? Or is it just me?

Maybe your chair is off balance.

3.8 and 28.1km NE of New Taipei City Hall. That puts it about mid way between the two North Coast Nuke plants.

1 Like

Very close to my home!

Just had a pretty big earthquake! Shook the house big time! Presidential alert received on my cell phone. Glad I wasn’t sleeping.

I was talking to my Auntie in the US at the time and the Presidential alert was loud and startled the crap outta me.

I received 13 alerts.

I thought for sure that China was attacking!

3 Likes

woke me up in Sanxia

Uh what was that?!

Alert. But nothing in Nantou

Alert woke me up. Missed the quake.

1 Like