Earthquakes 2022

Yeah, I had multiple windows with multiple tabs open, and the “Reply” button was off the bottom of the page. When I went to move the window so I could reply, I missed the title bar and brought up another window, then it took me a precious few milliseconds to find the thread again. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Are the Beach Boys here? Because those were some good vibrations.

1 Like

Anyway, it’s over. Going out for coffee.

1 Like

5 Likes

I thought Jerry Lewis was in the house because there was a whole lot of shakin’ going on.

1 Like

As my building went up and down, everyone started getting nervous and running around because from past experiences, the ones that start with an up & down jerk are usually the worst. Then the building started swaying left and right and everyone was screaming and running for shelter (as if it’s gonna do us any good as we’re on the 12th floor. LOL … this was a long one…phew!

1 Like

Get a grip boys. Tiny shake. Presser didn’t even pause.

6 Likes

…and as the earthquake shook his surroundings, Chen Shi Zhong let out his habitual “enh” and continued on with the daily report…

7 Likes

It’s not his department

3 Likes
1 Like

again, almost same place
Yilan offcoast

much weaker 5.1, previous was 6.1

1 Like

Yeah, but a light one this time

1 Like

Was it really that strong? Some of the recent ones made the house creak here and there but not this one.

I don’t think it was strong, I think it was long.

2 Likes

Didn’t seem that strong to me. I was in class and half the students didn’t feel it. Those of us who did were asking “Earthquake, right?”

In the early afternoon of 2022-05-09, a friend of mine who works in downtown Taipei, Xinyi District recorded the sounds of the building’s stress during the earthquake. He works on the sixth floor of a modern office building.

The sounds are extremely disturbing and my friend admitted that “It scared the shit out of me!”

8 Likes

Why is the video ‘made for kids’?

That is insane.

Guy

I could have reached the first floor and back to the 6th floor within the duration of this video,…, except I would have just stayed outside.

Yikes.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that video is not punctuated with shouts of “Holy Sh&t” or some assorted synonyms. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes